Does DW test fire prior to shipping?

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by GasGuzz, Dec 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. GasGuzz

GasGuzz New Member

Dec 3, 2018
    NIB DW Valkyrie CCO, preparing for the range… I noticed the barrel was dirty.
    Does DW test fire?

Thanks.

2. cdhbrad

cdhbrad Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2011
    Yes, that is my understanding. I had a custom two tone Valor built for me this year and Keith indicated that he had test fired it before it was sent to me. I assume they do that for all the 1911s they build, but would have thought they would clean them before shipping.

3. wobblie

wobblie Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Why clean it? Just gonna get dirty again.

Sapper likes this.
  4. cdhbrad

Nov 21, 2011
    Agreed, that's pretty much how I feel about cleaning pistols after a range session......why spend the time? I just wipe mine with a silicone towel to get the fingerprints off and put it back in the safe till next time.

5. Fred_G

Fred_G Known Agitator

Dec 29, 2015
    Barrel of my DW was dirty. I know Wilson, Nighthawk and Guncrafter test fire. Clean it, lube it and get it to the range! Rinse and repeat as often as your time and budget allow. :)

6. GasGuzz

GasGuzz New Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Thanks.
    It was pretty dry out of the box. So I lubed per DW during break-in.

Hardball and william adams like this.
  7. Badguybuster

Badguybuster Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2018
    Id be a little upset if it was not test fired

41 Charlie likes this.
  8. John Blazy

John Blazy Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Nov 20, 2018
    Or be awed by their incredible confidence. But I'm with you there.

9. dakota1911

dakota1911 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    I think they would fire it once with a proof round. Twice if they still include a fired case in the little envelope. I always liked the fired case. Gave one a date after it was put together but before it was sent out to distributors.

10. cdhbrad

Nov 21, 2011
    I bought a Blued Valor 9mm built in 2017 this Spring and they built a Custom 9mm Valor for me this year. Neither came with a fired case. I know the Custom was fried because I spoke to Keith about the sights and he told me he had fired the pistol before shipping to confirm function and sights, etc. I don’t remember looking at the barrel of either before I shot them so can’t comment on whether they had been cleaned.

11. Mike0251

Mike0251 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 25, 2016
    The new SSC .40 I just received was clean and lubed perfectly from the factory. Ran a patch down the barrel with just a tiny hint of residue and I mean tiny.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted