Double Alpha Mr. Bullet Feeder powder funnels for Dillon 550

Discussion in 'Caliber Talk: Ammunition, Reloading, and Shooting ' started by Oldgunner, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Oldgunner

Oldgunner Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2018
    Hi Folks,
    I'm interested in knowing what any Addicts who have used these powder funnels think of them. I'm primarily interested in the 9mm/38 Super calibers. These are fairly pricey ($38) but have received a lot of positive reviews. My only concern is that these funnels expand the case mouth, possibly below the point that the crimping die will "resize" the case adequately. Your thoughts will be appreciated.

2. john_anch_ak

john_anch_ak Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 7, 2017
    I've been using this model of bullet feeder for several years now and I do love it. The only "issue" that I've ever had is trying to run cast lead bullets through the machine. The website and users manual tells you up front that using cast bullets will not work and will leave one hell of a mess to clean up if you do try to use cast lead bullets. I've got the setup for .223 Remington, 9mm and .45 ACP. The powder funnels work fine and I've had no problems with crimping at all. the last station is the crimping die and you adjust it as per the instructions and you are good to go.
    I do have a Dillon XL 650 while you have the 550 which is also a great machine. Am I correct in assuming that you already have the Mr. Bullet Feeder for your 550 press?

3. Oldgunner

Oldgunner Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2018
    Thanks, John. I don't have a bullet feeder for my press. I was only considering the powder funnels so it's good to know that you're using them with no problems. Most of the other reviews I've seen were very positive too.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted