Premium Member
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:
As a backup, I also just ordered a Harrison TR Ignition kit!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Gary!!! @ZoidMeister
Maybe Deadpool could go bionic!

·
born in the wrong century
5,056 Posts
:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:
As a backup, I also just ordered a Harrison TR Ignition kit!!!!

You, fine sir.......are living the dream !!!!

Very interested in seeing how it all works out. Please give us an update and some pics to drool over.

Reactions: Genes 1911

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Man, I hope that Nighthawk trigger works well. Any idea what the trigger pull weight is on those? The problem is I know exactly what kind of 1911 trigger pull and weight I like. All my 1911s are range guns only and I prefer a small amount of pretravel with a short roll, a 2.0-2.5 pound break and a short, but not crazy short, reset. Doubt I can order that on a drop in unit.
Regards,
Jeff

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
In for the review.

My only criticism is that this part costs about the same money as sending your gun to a smith to do a traditional trigger job. On the other hand, this DIY upgrade would be faster to do.

·
Premium Member
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Easy enough to drop out and into a cup of degunker.

·
The Tinker
3,951 Posts
So how do you touch up the sear nose and hammer hooks when they need it? Or do you just spend another $300 to 'drop in' another set?

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,041 Posts
Easy enough to drop out and into a cup of degunker.
True but, other issues come to mind, no adjustment, so what you get is what you get.. no way of really inspecting sear to hook engagement and or trajectory.. Not saying it won't work, but the spring system comes to question with me to.. I'd really like to know your thoughts after you install.. I'd actually appreciate a call if you would..

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,041 Posts
So how do you touch up the sear nose and hammer hooks when they need it? Or do you just spend another $300 to 'drop in' another set?
My thoughts as well, does it just last as long as it does and that's it? What happens with the springs weaken? Or gets a kink? Number of questions on this one.. over travel adjustment comes to mind as well... It does look interesting.. I guess we will see but it would take some real time to test this one out.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
How many people actually shoot their 1911s enough to need a sear nose touch up?

I would imagine most of the guys shooting enough to need tune ups on barrel fit and trigger component wear have a trusted smith that would use and not be into a drop in trigger kit.

·
Premium Member
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My guess is that if this proves reasonably successful it will be like all other new technology in the sense cost will fall dramatically. High cost now is to recoup development & marketing dollars.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts