1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a during tree from Spartan Armor. I have only had it out to the range once and had issues with the steel plates sitting behind the post instead of flipping from one side to the other. Does anyone have recommendations on how I should set it up next time? The only thing I can think of is to set it up with more forward lean.

·
Premium Member
NHC Falcon, Shadow Hawk, G21 and 19X
6,331 Posts
That’s pretty cool. I’ve never seen one like that.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Do the hinges need lubricant? What caliber are you shooting them with? Maybe it needs to be hit harder?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Tipping it forward would stop it from getting stuck, at 90* back, but would also require more effort to get it started.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am shooting it with .45 from my 1911. The plates will swing around and then bounce back to 90*.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
As has been said, a forward lean of approx 15 - 20 degrees will help somewhat with the issue you are experiencing. It will also help deflect the rounds that strike the steel plates downward as opposed to back toward the shooting line.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the recommendation. I will try more forward lean and put a little grease on the paddles. The stand from Action Target looks like a great option. I should have done a little more research before I bought this stand.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I think that stand has a slot to let it lean forward.

Here is my homemade tree. I have 6” & 4” plates , the 4” plates bounce around like you mentioned
89399296-3432-4B26-924D-4A84DAD144B7.jpeg

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
808EDD76-A443-4A9D-908A-FFAFFEED1CAA.jpeg
A little forward lean would fix your issue, I’ve made a bunch of those for myself and some friends, too bad with this Ammo and components shortage I’ve had to throttle back on using it

·
Registered
183 Posts
I purchased a during tree from Spartan Armor. I have only had it out to the range once and had issues with the steel plates sitting behind the post instead of flipping from one side to the other. Does anyone have recommendations on how I should set it up next time? The only thing I can think of is to set it up with more forward lean. View attachment 766086
Do the neighbors complain? :devilish:

·
NRA Endowment member
3,179 Posts
Cal or email the manufacturer with your problem and explain the scenario.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Yep….I should have read further. Read the description, for the base. The rear hole is at a 22* angle, for the dueling tree.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts