1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I read somewhere that the Leupold DPP is the primary config for the DUO system, and that the others require an adapter plate. Can anyone confirm? If true, does that mean the DPP sits lower than other optics?

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
Think I read somewheres that, the RMR plate is designed to sit the RMR at the same height as the DPP without a plate. So you don’t have to change out front sights.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yes the DPP is the direct mount option for the DVCP DUO and Staccato P DUO. The DUO system comes with its own small rear sight that fits into the DPP so you can use the irons. The Trijicon uses a plate with a built in rear sight which again allows the use of the irons as backups.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The new Romeo 1 Pro is the same mounting as the DPP. Just some added information. So it will also mount directly to the slide, But you will have to figure out the correct front sight height to use the notch in the RDS. I found this site the other day when looking at what RDS mounts are the same. Some good info here.

https://optics-info.com/footprints-on-red-dot-sights/

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
The new Romeo 1 Pro is the same mounting as the DPP. Just some added information. So it will also mount directly to the slide, But you will have to figure out the correct front sight height to use the notch in the RDS. I found this site the other day when looking at what RDS mounts are the same. Some good info here.

https://optics-info.com/footprints-on-red-dot-sights/

I stand corrected. Great, informative article.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Watch Tony maybe it will help (around 24m). The reason for the plate in the DUO system is not because of height of the RMR but because of the bolt pattern of the Trijicon sits further out to the sides then the DPP. The other reason is the more holes you drill into the slide the weaker it becomes.
Good video, explains the why of the plate for the RMR.

Does anyone have comparison pics of the DPP and RMR mounted on the same STI model?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Back to the 2nd part of my question- does the DPP sit lower than the RMR requiring the adapter plate? Or, is it a wash because of the DPP's taller height vs the RMR?

Buck just posted this photo to his Instagram Story... looks like it may answer your question

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.