1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all

I am the proud new owner of a DVC Carry... so new in fact that it hasn’t even arrived yet! I’ve got a good buddy who has a Costa Carry Comp that is absolutely in love with the look of the DVC with the bronze barrel, and has offered me a trade. I personally enjoy the look of the DVC too, but the comp has me wondering... would it be a pretty big upgrade as far as shoot ability? I’ll definitely shoot them side by side when mine gets in, but just wanted to see the consensus of whether it was a good deal or not. Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
T
Take the CCC all day long !!! I've had both and the CCC is better.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply! Good to hear from someone who has had experience from both. Is it mainly the compensator itself that benefits the CCC or is there a difference in build quality/ergo too?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
No I had the tvcc and for the little bit of size difference from the call the cops shoot smoother holds more rounds and a more accurate with it hates my daily carry gun I carry it appendix with a Tier One sidecar holster and I love it

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
I have both. Different guns for different jobs. DVC Carry is just that, a concealed carry gun. The CCC is more of a OWB, or duty gun. I love both and both are excellently made. You’re comparing a 3.9” barrel to a 4.15 with comp (oal barrel length 5”). There’s a significant reduction in muzzle flip on the CCC but you sacrifice concealability.

Either gun is a good choice, you just have to figure out what you want to do with it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have both. Different guns for different jobs. DVC Carry is just that, a concealed carry gun. The CCC is more of a OWB, or duty gun. I love both and both are excellently made. You’re comparing a 3.9” barrel to a 4.15 with comp (oal barrel length 5”). There’s a significant reduction in muzzle flip on the CCC but you sacrifice concealability.

Either gun is a good choice, you just have to figure out what you want to do with it.
That makes a lot of sense! For some reason I was thinking the CCC was 4.15 COUNTING the comp... that’s a game changer for sure. Guess I might be keeping the Carry and continuing my search for an Omni or DVC-P

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Used DVC-Carry’s go for about $2300. If your buddy wants to sell his CCC to buy a DVC let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts