1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gun Firearm Trigger White Line
So I was at my LGS shooting my Atlas, and those crack dealers had this shiny new DVC P that just came in.

I told them, sorry boys...I’m done buying guns for 2019.

1 hr later, this thing followed me home. Son of a .....!!!!

It shoots really well. I‘ll do a side by side comparison one of these days.

I’ll be putting a SRO on it shortly.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Nice! I just saw earlier on gunbroker that they had those with the gen2 grips now.

Yes, from all reports, the DVC line is going away and they will be all Staccatos of some flavor in 2020.

Enjoy! One day I'll have one too.

dvs6

·
Premium Member
2,054 Posts
Same thing happened to me. Swore off buying for the year and a DVP-P followed me home. Then “someone” from BBP dropped me a hint on a little DVC -L in 38 Super and son-of-a-____, that’s coming in after Thanksgiving. Now I’m off to create for sale ads on a few other guns so I can keep the Mrs. from skinning my arse.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is this Gen 2 grip module less blocky than it's predecessor?
It looks to have more of a radiused FS than the first Gen.

(This)
I don't know about "less blocky", but it subjectively feels a lot more secure in my hands.

I only put 50 rounds through it so far. I'll try and put 300 rounds through it this weekend and report back.

·
Registered
204 Posts
DVC-P becomes the Staccato XC with different slide cuts.

The new G2 grip also has a slightly more pronounced angle. If you look at the two pics above it appears the rear bottom edge of the magwell is aligned with the back of the beavertail on the G2s. With the tree bark grips the back of the magwell seems to sit more to the right.

·
Banned
2,687 Posts
FWIW; I heard from Hilton Yam after I contacted him with my question re. the gen 2 grip module being more radiused at the FS.
(He’d done a series on the Staccato P on his u-tube channel)
His response was “yes, the gen 2 is more radiused and feels less blocky”.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I was at my LGS yesterday and they had a Staccato P with the new Gen2 grip module.

It felt very comfortable and is making me reconsider my next purchase.

The only oddity about it is the smooth part under the trigger guard for your middle finger is too "smooth". Be interesting to see when shooting and under recoil how it is.

Be interesting to see the rest of the 2020 line up since they are going with the Gen2 grip and if they come out with a 120mm grip size with it.

dvs6

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.