DW Customer Service

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Sneaky One, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Sneaky One

Sneaky One Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    As some may remember I had some challenges with the DW Valkyrie Commander I had custom made in .38 super. Despite two trips back to DW for warranty work, I continued to have issues with the gun feeding. I grew very frustrated and got to the point I had no faith in the gun and did not want to continue with the attempts to fix it. Today is approximately one week after I returned the gun back for a promised full refund by vice president of operations Keith Lawton. Today I received a full refund of my purchase price.

I realize anything mechanical can have problems, but It's how it is handled by the manufacturer that sets a great company apart from others. I must say that they have been very professional in the handling of my issue. I am a fan of DW and have a beautiful CCO that has been flawless since purchase in every aspect. Beautiful fit and finish, very accurate and runs perfectly. I see another DW in my future, more then likely one of their new blued guns. I want to publicly thank DW and Keith Lawton for their professionalism. You can buy from them with confidence.

2. WWB

WWB Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Apr 11, 2015
    Very glad to here it worked out for you in the end. I knew they would make it right one way or another.. Congrats.

Kip likes this.

3. switchback

switchback Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2014
    " Its how issues are handled by a company" exactly. Too bad as that was a combo well received by me. Glad it all worked out. Was the barrel ramped?

4. Sneaky One

Aug 14, 2016
    Yes it was a ramped barrel.

5. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    Congratulations! At the end of the day, it all boils down to customer service. All manufactures have their problems. It's how well the problem is handled!

6. Sneaky One

Aug 14, 2016
    I agree 100%

41 Charlie likes this.
  7. Usp45ct

Usp45ct Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Presumably, they will tear the gun apart and measure the hell out of everything to see what went wrong. It would be great to know what happened. I suppose it could be as simple as everything has a tolerance. As with tolerances, I suppose there are times when all tolerances are tight and you have a tight gun and vice versa.

Glad it worked out for you.

8. Sneaky One

Aug 14, 2016
    After the dust settles, I will email Keith to see what they found. I believe he will be honest with me. I'm just curious.

9. Oldag

Oldag Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2014
    Nice to hear.

10. azpoolguy

azpoolguy Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2013
    I'm interested also. Please post back and keep us updated.

11. Sneaky One

Aug 14, 2016
    Will do....

william adams likes this.
  12. GranDude

GranDude Well-Known Member

May 25, 2016
    You sir also deserve credit for the manner in which this was handled.
    Applaud your crediting DW with a proper response.

Tracking this also.

41 Charlie and Sneaky One like this.
  13. Sneaky One

Aug 14, 2016
    Thank you, it was only fair. I will buy with confidence again from DW.

41 Charlie likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted