1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some may remember I had some challenges with the DW Valkyrie Commander I had custom made in .38 super. Despite two trips back to DW for warranty work, I continued to have issues with the gun feeding. I grew very frustrated and got to the point I had no faith in the gun and did not want to continue with the attempts to fix it. Today is approximately one week after I returned the gun back for a promised full refund by vice president of operations Keith Lawton. Today I received a full refund of my purchase price.

I realize anything mechanical can have problems, but It's how it is handled by the manufacturer that sets a great company apart from others. I must say that they have been very professional in the handling of my issue. I am a fan of DW and have a beautiful CCO that has been flawless since purchase in every aspect. Beautiful fit and finish, very accurate and runs perfectly. I see another DW in my future, more then likely one of their new blued guns. I want to publicly thank DW and Keith Lawton for their professionalism. You can buy from them with confidence.

·
Administrator
8,210 Posts
Very glad to here it worked out for you in the end. I knew they would make it right one way or another.. Congrats.

·
Registered
7,089 Posts
" Its how issues are handled by a company" exactly. Too bad as that was a combo well received by me. Glad it all worked out. Was the barrel ramped?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Presumably, they will tear the gun apart and measure the hell out of everything to see what went wrong. It would be great to know what happened. I suppose it could be as simple as everything has a tolerance. As with tolerances, I suppose there are times when all tolerances are tight and you have a tight gun and vice versa.

Glad it worked out for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts