1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Stated to be a competition gun, I figure 9mm for 3-gun or downloaded for ESP and .40 for Limited. Compact is a bone thrown to the tackytickle crowd, no real significance but some sales at far lower cost than Wilson thing.

A .45 would require a whole new set of forgings, maybe even bigger than a CZ97. Not much market.

DWX is to be much less expensive than a STI and a fraction of the price of the small shop match guns. I visualize the CZ TZ smiths studying up on 1911 triggers and the 1911 guys trying to get in tune with a cam track.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
11,462 Posts
Stated to be a competition gun, I figure 9mm for 3-gun or downloaded for ESP and .40 for Limited. Compact is a bone thrown to the tackytickle crowd, no real significance but some sales at far lower cost than Wilson thing.

A .45 would require a whole new set of forgings, maybe even bigger than a CZ97. Not much market.

DWX is to be much less expensive than a STI and a fraction of the price of the small shop match guns. I visualize the CZ TZ smiths studying up on 1911 triggers and the 1911 guys trying to get in tune with a cam track.
I have been strongly looking at the 97bd again. Had one several years ago, and don't think I gave it the proper chance. Now I would enhance it adding the bushing and doing the spring changes and tune up myself and I think it could be a whole different ball game. Since the DWX is more of a competition gun.

I can see what you mean about not much market for the .45 but, a die hard traditionalist could hope lol.. I do see myself dabbling back into the 97 though at some point in the near future. Seen where gunbroker had a deal on 3 of the newer versions for $699 heck of a price out the door. It's not that the first one didn't intrigue or excite me, it's just that I think I was thrown by the weight, the grip and the reach since I have a smaller grip than some. But, since have found my way around that, and perhaps putting a little more of an undercut on the trigger guard may solve some of that issue for me.

·
Banned
306 Posts
Not sure why CZ seems that they have to put all of these loud colors on a gun, but hey it appears to work for them. But besides that I already have a CSO TSO so I think at this point my CZ void has been filled and I already have a EDC X9L so my double stack hole is filled as well. Personally I'm looking more towards even more 1911s which are much more appealing in my opinion.

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,518 Posts
That compact is potentially a fine carry option. Just one issue... no rail.
I was just checking this out. If you look closely at their web page, it's buried in there that you can get the compact with or without a rail.

I'm really liking this gun a lot. @Steve Owens , can this slide be milled for an RMR or Holosun ( same mount). It's duty treated. I'm not sure if it might possibly chip during the cutting. The other thing I don't know is if the dimensions of the slide are true to a standard 1911 . What do you think?

Jeff

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.