close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

DW Guardian

Discussion in '1911 Gunsmithing' started by Kazan, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Kazan

Kazan FUBAR

Sep 2, 2011
    This gun has to be the most picky thing with mags and ammo. Seems the only reliable magazines I have for the gun are the 2 factory mags that came with it. Started off buying some checkmate mags, gun would not lock slide back randomly and jam frequently but also randomly. So got some Wilson ETM mags for it. Just got back from the range, the damn thing was stove piping every 2 rounds with the Wilson mags. The 2 factory mags worked fine. Really don't know what the deal is with this thing. Any idea's

Thanks
    Karl

2. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    It's just your DaWG. Mine ran fine with the factory, Wilson ETM's and Springfield/Metalform mags.

3. Kazan

Kazan FUBAR

Sep 2, 2011
    Great, now what? Try to deal with DW customer service? Or hope I win the reliability package

4. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011

5. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    you can give it to me :grin:

6. claire

claire Anger Management Graduate

Sep 22, 2011
    I dont know why everyone is so enthralled with those ETM mags. I just use 47DABs and have never had a problem using them in any gun I've owned.

claire

dwg13013 likes this.
  7. Kazan

Kazan FUBAR

Sep 2, 2011
    I have tried just about every 9mm mag know to mankind, same results. Tried WWB, PMC, Blazer Brass, Remington, American Eagle ammunition same results. I figured the more I shot it, it would "break-in" and get better. Instead the gun has gotten more unreliable. Not good, bought this gun for my wife.

8. claire

claire Anger Management Graduate

Sep 22, 2011
    Sorry, wasnt thinking Guardian 9. I use ETMs in my PM9, but havent experienced any probs. I suspect that DAT is right and it needs a little vacation time away from you at DW.

claire

9. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    Mine runs fine with the factory mags, and the other Checkmate mags I bought.

10. Kazan

Kazan FUBAR

Sep 2, 2011
    I bought checkmate mags first, slide wouldn't lock back sporadically. Would eject the spent casing and the next round. Metal forms, jams continually, with Wilson ETM,s it stove pipes about every 3rd round. The gun is just unreliable, like I said thought it was just a "break-in period". But after using many different types of mags and ammo it has to be the gun

11. Mechanized

Mechanized He's a large "member" Supporting Addict

Sep 24, 2011
    mag lock too low? Ask joe maybe about the EGW fix.

12. Mechanized

Mechanized He's a large "member" Supporting Addict

Sep 24, 2011
    I said Joe I meant George. I'm sorry.

13. dwg13013

dwg13013 New Member

May 29, 2012
    It runs fine with the factory mags and not with aftermarket.
    I wouldn't be blaming the gun. I would be looking at the mags, and closely comparing them to the factory. In and out of the gun.

I only use the 47Ds or Chips.
    There have been reports on ETMs and the 47Ds are still easily found.
    Sometimes particular guns just don't agree with mags or brands of ammo.

14. barmandr

barmandr SHEEPLE HERDER Supporting Addict

Oct 11, 2011
    Uh dude...this thread hasn't been posted in for over 4 years.

limbkiller likes this.
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted