1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
NHC Falcons x 3 + 1 Shiney Heinie all 45 acp
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s the cost of milling a slide for a RMR? Just wondering if anyone else has done this?

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Chambers RDSM plate, NightHawk IOS or Trijicon saddle all very in price.

Prices for the RDSM plus machining are listed here.
https://www.store.chamberscustom.com/products/chambers-custom-rdms-plate

I went for a Glock first with the RMR as the machining at the time was the best fit. Waiting a couple years now we have the Chambers RDSM ans Night Hawk IOS. Which in my opinion are the two best options. But you know what they say about opinions.

I went with the Chambers RDSM as it fits what I’m wanting out of my build. Machined by Brandon Buhler.
5DCEECDC-720C-4C58-945A-8BC367DB3DBA.jpeg
20C1DE84-31D1-46CF-8440-91F1B71F5C1E.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
818 Posts
Here ya go
http://primarymachine.com/
No plate needed if using a Vortex, Leupold or Romeo (Sig) optic
They did a Valor for me and their work was fantastic, quick turnaround.

Reactions: JNW and Greg M.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here ya go
http://primarymachine.com/
No plate needed if using a Vortex, Leupold or Romeo (Sig) optic
They did a Valor for me and their work was fantastic, quick turnaround.

Do you have a picture of it? I was thinking about getting my Vigil CCO done.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Most folks run the trijicon plate OR the chambers design. That's obviously an additional cost but the ones I've done the plate was provided.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Are you the one doing them?

·
Super Moderator
818 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have a Chambers, primary and an independent. The independent milled and drilled my slide for Trijicon with no plate. It’s the way I like it the most. The Chambers is the best quality.

David

These are done by primary. The Valor has an adapter from Burris to Trijicon.

·
Super Moderator
818 Posts
Greg, another thing I liked about Primary Machine's work is the cut is made for the exact fit of the Venom (or any other for that matter). And I do mean exact, a tight fit. In addition, as part of the machining they also install the "bosses" or "posts" that fit the mounting holes in the underside of the optic.

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,480 Posts
I think Duty Treat might cost more money than stainless. My understanding is the duty treat eats up tooling very fast.

·
Super Moderator
818 Posts
Think you are right about that "11". When I had the work done the gun was stainless and then I sent it to DW for the Duty Treat. A good question to be asked of whoever is doing the milling: will I need to get the slide refinished? I think in most cases the answer is yes and they typically do a form of cerakote which I did not want.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That looks really good. You got me thinking of doing my PM9 when I send it to @Integrity Arms for DLC... if I can recover financially from the Crisis of Covid. Which I believe will happen if we re elect our President

One can only pray that’s what happens and we don’t have a butt load of idiots decide to vote for the one other party that happens to be on the ballots.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree with @Badabing11 on the recovery part. I have bought 5 guns in the last 2 weeks and I took my Kobra Carry to my smith to get revitalized and a fresh coat black and gray cerakote. I’m more excited than a kid waiting on Santa. This idea just happened to pop in my head looking at the guns on the for sale page from one of the sponsors 5k pistols haha.

·
Registered
802 Posts
The cost for Dan Wesson to do it was about 300. 200 for milling, 100 for refinish if slide in duty treat and I supplied the Trijicon sights

1 - 20 of 28 Posts