1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just picked up a Valor with the case color frame finish and blued slide in 9mm.

It NEEDS something to fix the eyesore of the magazine fit without a magwell.

What are my options? I don't really want to spend big money on having something refinished, and shipping the gun at this point is a no go to have someone custom fit a magwell.

I realize this isn't optimal; but for now a drop in will have to do. Do I get a 2 piece or a 1 piece MSH and magwell? brand? gimme some suggestions.

PS anyone know how many of these were made?
20190205_123045.jpg
20190205_123102.jpg
20190205_123133.jpg
20190205_123147.jpg

·
Registered
6,412 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup. its in there. just a 10rd mag with that bottom plastic base pad. you can see where the leading edge fits in relation to the front strap checkering. its right up to it (see the last photo).

as for grips, I'm going to order some faux ivory magwell grips from duragrips or the like. Or maybe some bone grips with no logo, as I'd like to keep the ones with the DW logo looking nice.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
interesting mine has different mags. I have 9 rounders already, but thought it would be cool with a magwell. thanks for the options guys...…

·
In the staging lanes
2,229 Posts
Order the Stan Chen (S.I.) magwell, send it to Baron's or Turnbull for CCH & be done with it.

George

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
That's right George, it would not match the gun without the CCH. I would check the fit first too as I have read elsewhere on this forum or somewhere about DW's pin placement.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts