1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Grip Maker and FFL Dealer
816 Posts
Don't know about their AR barrels, or even if they make AR barrels, but I had good luck with an Encore barrel I got from them a while back. My dad has a Contender barrel in 22WMR from them that he loves and it does shoot good. I've heard differing things about who makes their barrels. I've heard ER Shaw, Wilson, and also that they're made in-house. I don't think anyone has a real answer.

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The new barrel came in last week for this .223 Wylde build. Still shopping for some parts to finish this up but I'm in no rush. Already have the billet stripped upper and lower. Now shopping for everything else to finish the build.

Wood Plank Hardwood Wood stain Lumber

Drinkware Automotive tire Wood Cylinder Skyscraper

Wood Automotive tire Font Audio equipment Cylinder

Rectangle Wood Composite material Pattern Parallel

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ought to learn to ask before.
I usually search information on whatever I'm looking at for myself. But I know there are some very knowledgeable members in this forum. I like to get first hand info on things when I can though but not necessary.

Nice that it has a Wylde chamber, sucks it’s a 1:9 twist. Can’t shoot the heavies
I doubt I'll be shooting out much more than 200 yards. The outdoor range I usually shoot at is 100 yards. If we do a little clearing and add another backstop we can get out to 200. Then there is someone I know that has a 1000 yard range. It's just that it's a little over an hour away. This is a range toy, will not be used for hunting at all.

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I am not familiar with that maker. Let us know how it shoots.
I'll be posting here as I build it.z

I'll be asking for advice and bouncing ideas off y'all.

This is going to be a toy/experiment for me. My first complete ground up build. I'm even going to custom paint this. Super loud and red neck tacky as I can make it.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Nice that it has a Wylde chamber, sucks it’s a 1:9 twist. Can’t shoot the heavies
👍 on Bender's comment.

Maybe this could be a Varmint gun with a 24" barrel with 1:9 twist for lighter projectiles. It "might" shoot 62 grainers, but I doubt 69 grain and heavier projectiles will meet accuracy expectations. A nice looking barrel, but never heard of anyone using one for a build or found any feedback on their barrel quality.

Let us know how the project build works out.

·
Cranky old curmudgeon
1,791 Posts
In for the ride!

Reactions: OldCuz

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
What would look most red neck?

I have the stainless barrel and I've found a nice adjustable stainless gas block and stainless comp.
I'm thinking about candy apple red. Black grips and stock or maybe red? Thinking about red and black throughout. What does that sound like? Red upper, lower and handguard. Black grips, stock and scope?

No forward assist.

Trigger Air gun Wood Rectangle Gun barrel

·
Premium Member
28,393 Posts
Not a fan of the gamer gun look.
With that barrel, I would go for a tri-tone look.
Black, gray and stainless. The gray would bring out the matte finish of the flutes.

JMO……..others will vary

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 18 of 18 Posts