EAA Windicator .357

Discussion in 'Revolvers' started by 45Driver, Nov 19, 2011.

1. 45Driver

45Driver Throbbing Member.

Sep 24, 2011
    My 73 year old Dad just bought one of these for CCW. I have to say, wouldn't have been my first choice.:hand:

The old man's been a cheap sumbitch his whole life but I think he might've gone senile choosing this beast as a carry gun.

Not looking to pick a fight with anyone here but I'd like to hear from anyone with experience owning or even just shooting one these imported revolvers.

I don't mean to offend anyone who is a fan/owner of one of these but I think it even looks like a cheapo POS.

Haven't had a chance to handle it yet so I admit to being prejudiced.

tn-vi.jpg

tn-vi.jpg

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
    KS95B40 likes this.
  2. blackbirdxx

blackbirdxx New Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Unless EAA has changed, the Windicators were manufactured by Weihrauch in Germany. Good, solid perhaps even overbuilt (read heavy) for their intended purpose. Have shot several over the last twenty years and never had any issues. They would not be my first choice in a CCW weapon, but then again, if I was on a budget, I would not hesitate to stake my life on it if needed. It is truly a reliable weapon at any price point. They have that ugly, functionality look to them, but you definitely don't need to worry about them blowing up in your face like you do with some budget firearms that shall remain nameless. (armscor .38) whoops.

KS95B40 and Pennywise827 like this.

3. 45Driver

45Driver Throbbing Member.

Sep 24, 2011
    Wow! a reply to my post... I'd given up on anyone commenting on this one.

I haven't had a chance to examine this one "in the hand", the pics I posted are all I had to go by and ya gotta admit, the thing looks clunky.

I didn't even notice it was German-made until you mentioned it. :oops:

It's a personal thing I have against my old man that he'll buy top 'o the line computer junk but he'll scrimp like a mofo on a personal defense gun.:rolleyes2:

Thanks for the input, blackbirdxx!:thumb:

4. buyobuyo

buyobuyo Member

Aug 25, 2011
    I have an EAA Windicator with the 4" barrel. I had a problem with the cylinder release when I first got it after putting a box or so through it. Almost like it developed a burr and was really hard to actuate. Now it works fine. The double action pull seems inconsistent to me, but the single action pull is nice. I haven't put any 357 through it because Wal-mart never has any when I'm looking, and I haven't got around to reloading 357 yet.

5. ChuckHD70

ChuckHD70 New Member

Apr 9, 2018
    I would not be afraid of purchasing this gun. you may have to lock tight some screws, like the grip screw and the craine screw, but the same goes for the Chiappa Rino, and its a ton more money than this. Side plate of it almost fell off. Is this gun ugly yes, total utilitarian look to it, but it works.

6. Pennywise827

Pennywise827 I keeed I keeed.....

Jan 23, 2017
    7 years ago, they went ahead and bought it me thinks.

cghelton likes this.
  7. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
    How the hell does someone even find an old dead thread like this to use for a first post?? I mean, for all of the other sh!t that is being talked about in this forum, it's the 7 year old EAA Windicator thread that catches your eye and prompts a response?:confused: Crazy.:roflmaro:

8. switchback

switchback Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2014
    Yep. Register to value the windicator, but hey Welcome to the forum

WC145 likes this.
  9. KS95B40

KS95B40 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Aug 16, 2017
    I don’t know how he found it but I already “liked” the first post before I noticed the date... reminded me of my Dad....

cghelton, Pennywise827 and WC145 like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted