1911 Firearm Addicts banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Vendor
3,880 Posts
Karl also found my birth year gun in 38 Super (almost impossible) and as punishment, now he has to build it for me!
They look like brand new virgin parts when they come back from stripping that gaudy Nickel off too :)

Wood Bicycle part Knife Tool Blade
Wood Tool Knife Gas Blade

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
About a year or so ago, I mentioned to @Karl Beining, that if he ran across a '78 Government model to let me know. If it happened to be in .38 Super, even better. Lately, I noticed him posting guns from all around that year, but still no '78's. I figured that he had forgotten. Late last week, my wife presented me a package with KGB's return address on it. I opened the package to find a nickel 1978 Government in .38 Super. Unbeknown to me, he had conspired with my wife over the summer and they had been sitting on it, waiting to ship it out for the holidays. It was an early Christmas for me to say the least! I'm truly blessed to be married to my wife and to have great people like Karl in my life.

View attachment 864051

View attachment 864053

I want to give your wife a hug!! Seriously, one of the coolest things I've ever read. Nice score, sir.

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
@Karl Beining My wife is from Fremont. She's of German extraction. You think maybe you could convince her that I need something special from you?

You can always tell a German........but not much.
Im in the same boat, but then add in Irish and Cherokee for my wife! Luckily, she doesn't drink!!

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I too am a '78 and Karl currently has a '77 for my wife's year in his possession and it represents the first gun I bought as an actual base gun. My thoughts have shifted a bit toward getting birth year guns for the Mrs. and I, having Karl put the Dremel to them and giving them to our two children some day. I am impressed with his work and he is very easy to deal with.

Now that I have moved on the '77, I am sure that a '78 will be the next "need" of mine. My wife gave the blessing on having a custom built after years of focusing on something resembling financial independence. I am very impressed with the story of Karl working to make such a cool thing come together. Our family has been convinced that he is the guy we want building a few special guns and he has helped build the foundation of my daughter's gun collection.

I hope to have many stories about our Karl and I hope you enjoy your sweet early Christmas gift. Thanks for sharing.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts