Ed Brown 9mm

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by HOTCHKIS, Oct 7, 2018.

1. HOTCHKIS

HOTCHKIS NRA Life Member

Apr 21, 2013
    So does Ed have 9mm down with feeding hollow points through a unsupported feed ramp?

2. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    I own this and have not had any problems, 1,500 rounds into ownership about 250 with HST 147's

4.jpg 5.jpg

samuse, ronin11, TheCollector and 2 others like this.

3. slovan

slovan Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2018
    I will get mine in about a week so I don’t have any real experience to say yes. This question came up in another thread so I emailed John May, the sales and marketing director at Ed Brown and here’s what he had to say. It doesn’t sound like feeding is an issue with an unsupported ramp for their 9mm design.

“The only reason to use a ramped barrel is for case head support. For example: both our 10mm and our .38 Supers use ramped barrels. The same reason no one uses a ramped barrel on .45acp, you do not need it so you do not want it. We do use a steel insert in the feed ramp of aluminum guns to defeat erosion but not for support.“

TheCollector and HOTCHKIS like this.
  4. 605atthe wheels

605atthe wheels In the staging lanes Supporting Addict

Oct 19, 2012
    I have this one with only 1060 rnds, (new March 2018), A mixture of approx 200, Underwood Extreme Defense fluted copper, XTP's, HST's, Using WC & Metalform mags with zero issues so far. I even tried 2 mags, loaded 2 xtp, 2 underwood, 2 hst etc and all went bang.
    Side note: I do run my guns on the well oiled side & detail clean after every range trip. YMMV

EB + VZ 3.jpg

George

5. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    That's a good looking Brown George ;)

6. HOTCHKIS

HOTCHKIS NRA Life Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Just picked this up from TXP8RIOT. Will carry with pride.

Attached Files:

45ACP_ray likes this.
  7. WWB

WWB Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Apr 11, 2015

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted