Ed Brown Customer Service Does Not Return Calls

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Haris1, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Haris1

Haris1 Go Ahead, Make My Day! Supporting Addict Sponsor

Feb 6, 2015
    Fellow 1911 addicts, I am like many of you in that I buy, collect and shoot semi custom guns,Wilson,Nighthawk,Les Baer,Ed Brown,Springfiield, etc. Before I buy anything on auction site,
    I call to find out how the 1911 left the factory. As you all know, model numbers are not on the slide or frame. Many of these guns look the same and many times pistols have aftermarket work done.

Well, Every company except Brown has been more than cooperative in telling me the year made,the model , any options,etc.

1. The phone is usually not answered.
    2. Ed Brown Company charges $25 for their letter telling you what the firearm is and an appraised value if it sold new today. Thats fine with me but when they dont call you back,I have to pass on the item.

My call will go to voice mail and that voice mail does not get returned. Maybe because I leave a message as to why I called relegates it to low priority

Anyone have this experience?

2. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    I have spoken to them a few times. Never NOT had a call answered. However, last conversation with them was a few years back.

Haris1 likes this.

3. Corvette4595

Corvette4595 Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2016
    That would definitely annoy me to say the least. I've had a few Browns but I do not have experience in calling them. I've had great luck with Wilson, NHC, Guncrafter, and Baer when calling in. Now that I think about it, Kimber and SA have been great too. Good luck with the possible purchase, hopefully they call you back....

Haris1 likes this.
  4. Haris1

Feb 6, 2015
    Nope, happened to me multiple times. And I was told that only the Browns have access to certain records and that i have to pay $25 for a letter which i did since I am buying an expensive gun.
    Now my thinking is in the opposite direction. I will sell all my Browns and reinvest where better customer service resides

5. 68camaro

68camaro Well-Known Member

May 12, 2015
    Haris1, they are busy and do call back but it might be awhile. Justin is great but overworked. I agree that charging $25 to verify over the phone is much. For a letter I agree but not verbal confirmation.

Even still, I love my Browns:)

Haris1 likes this.
  6. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    What are ya selling?

Haris1, stlgecko and Kip like this.
  7. Kyle Burt

Kyle Burt Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2015
    I've had oddly good luck with Justin there. I generally Start with an Email then get a return call from him usually within a day.

Haris1, Raylan Givens and Kip like this.
  8. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire

Apr 12, 2016
    Could be that pesky caller ID...
    Seems kinda severe to sell off guns just 'cuz they don't answer or call right away. Hell if I did that I'd never have any pics of Cindy Crawford!!!!

Robert F. Ciancio Jr. and Haris1 like this.
  9. Haris1

Feb 6, 2015
    I didnt want to name him but its Justin that
    i left messages for. Well, I just think a company should deem it important for their used guns to be desirable and give better support.
    I will sell off my 38 super( they dont do too many),Kobra Carry,Special Forces, Classic Custom, and Exec Elite Target
    and reinvest it in others

10. Haris1

Feb 6, 2015
  11. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    I've left e-mails, and very surprised that Justin calls me back promptly. I've always been very impressed. Sorry to hear of your experiance...

Haris1 and Kip like this.
  12. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire

Apr 12, 2016
    Have to ask,do you call on every Brown you think you might buy?

13. Haris1

Feb 6, 2015
    I generally get what I bid on. I called on 5 guns and bought 4 of them . I dont think thats excessive.

14. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire

Apr 12, 2016
  15. Oldag

Oldag Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2014
    Guncrafter has great CS. :D

july19 and 1911wheelsnomore like this.
  16. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget

Aug 18, 2015
    My emails have always been answered quickly. Another consideration. This is a holiday week, in the summer. Many people take vacation this time of year. This combined with an influx of people trying to buy every gun and all of the ammo they can find due to upcoming elections is taxing on customer service.

17. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire

Apr 12, 2016
    Good explanation Raylan,willing to bet those people are swamped right now!

Haris1, 41 Charlie and Raylan Givens like this.
  18. Oldag

Oldag Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2014
    Could be closed for extended holiday. But an answering machine message to that extent would be courteous.

19. JH225

JH225 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2014
    1st Dibs.............

Haris1 and Kip like this.
  20. mikegalway

mikegalway CEO of DILLIGAF industries Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
    It's a family business working out of a metal building in central Missouri . Great quality , attention to detail . Like most family businesses they're short handed and a lot of small businesses took the whole 4th of July week off .

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted