Sponsor Ed Brown EVO-KC9 Pre-Order

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Cajun Concealed, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Cajun Concealed

Cajun Concealed Nothing comes to mind Supporting Addict Sponsor

May 12, 2015
    We are taking pre-orders for the new Ed Brown EVO-KC9. Here are the specs:

Introducing the KC9, the first model in the new Evolution series from Ed Brown. The KC9 pays homage to the Kobra Carry, which took the industry by storm nearly 20 years ago, and has now become the iconic standard for a high end custom 1911, with its revolutionary Ed Brown Bobtail®, stainless steel base, and Snakeskin treatment.

Optimized for the 9mm caliber, the KC9 inherits those same characteristics, yet is smaller, thinner, and lighter. The KC9 retains 100% 1911 controls and handling characteristics, and makes use of standard 1911 magazines, and standard 1911 grips with the Ed Brown Bobtail® cut, which are now a standard offering among major grip makers. Some parts were completely re-designed to take advantage of modern improvements such as the new external extractor, easy-to-change front sight, smaller ledge-style rear sight, bull barrel, and a flat wire recoil spring system. The re-engineered slide has been shortened to 4", thinned substantially for weight reduction, and includes a unique 7-top custom cut, with special front and rear serrations. A recessed slide stop completes the package, making for the perfect custom 9mm 1911.

Completely hand built with fully machined parts, and backed by our Lifetime Warranty, with all the quality you expect from Ed Brown, but with a ground-breaking price tag of only $1895, fully equipped!

https://www.edbrown.com/evo/

DSC_2203-1-red-opt.jpg View attachment 175209 View attachment 175211

2. Jollyroger1

Jollyroger1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2015
    Interesting build. Top end looks very similar to an EDC9/ X9 (external extractor, Glockish front sight, 4” bull barrel with flatwire Recoil system). I wonder if they also used a single lug barrel design?
    Very reasonable price.
    GLWS

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    dtelston likes this.

3. Kadonny

Kadonny Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2017
    Now that’s an innovative EB. Sexy, great serrations and slide looks and external extractor.. cool gun.

4. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    Wow, a few $$ more than a Dan Wesson. What does it say about the 1911 market if Ed Brown wants in on the sub-$2,000 market. Is high-end dead?

5. Cajun Concealed

May 12, 2015
    It's a single lug

Jollyroger1 likes this.
  6. Jollyroger1

Sep 19, 2015
    Interesting. Some X9 builds from Wilson were taking longer than expected recently. Wonder if Wilson is selling complete top ends to brown?

Sorry, don’t mean to thread crap. Just speculating about this model. It’s pretty interesting considering the similarities.

Cajun Concealed likes this.
  7. Cajun Concealed

May 12, 2015
    No, please discuss :) I am almost positive Wilson has nothing to do with this one. Like, place a bet positive ;)

Eric, Haroldg48 and Jollyroger1 like this.
  8. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    Ed Brown EVO-KC9
    I'm thinkin if an EB snakeskin MSH will fit it, I might sell a gun and get me one.. @ZoidMeister

9. Jollyroger1

Sep 19, 2015
    Lol! I know better than to take that bet - they wouldn’t tell either of us the truth anyway... :D

10. TheCollector

Aug 25, 2018
    ****** He sits here and thinks to himself (out loud) Does it have any connection to DW "NOT USING" EB Bobtail (circled R) configuration on the Guardian any longer******

EB.png

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    ZoidMeister and Cajun Concealed like this.
  11. TheCollector

Aug 25, 2018
  12. ZArugby

ZArugby Kickin back a little Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2016
  13. BigDeeeeeeee

BigDeeeeeeee Idaho 1911er

Aug 19, 2011
    Will they build it without the front cocking serrations?

14. Cajun Concealed

May 12, 2015
    They may run a "batch" that way in the future, but this gun is designed to be as-is. You can change the sites and safety.

15. BigDeeeeeeee

BigDeeeeeeee Idaho 1911er

Aug 19, 2011
  16. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    I think I like this! I can't wait for the first review

17. dash

dash Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2016
    Nice! If they make a batch without the bobtail I’ll be very interested.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  18. JNW

JNW Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    That gun looks fabulous! I really like the bull barrel and in my view the external extractor and front sight are significant improvements over a standard 1911. Hope they sell a bunch.
    Jeff

19. Greenrunner

Greenrunner Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Too bad they did not delete the bleepin grip safety like the EDC X9, although from the photos it looks like the bump is so far out that failure to activate the safety would not be a problem.

20. Bigmad888

Bigmad888 The black hole

Nov 1, 2016
    When do you expect to receive this pistol?

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted