Ed Brown EVOs

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by jeffpro66, May 10, 2020.

1. jeffpro66

jeffpro66 semi-wadcutter

Oct 3, 2012
    Anyone get a chance to fondle and shoot the new EVOs from Ed Brown? I was looking at the re-introduced DW V-Bob (shot my first IDPA match with an old V-Bob back in the day) and these EBs EVOs caught my lustful eye. AND the EVO KC9 is at an MSRP a couple hundred less than the V-Bob. How can this be? I love my EB Kobra Govy, and I have a DW ECO 45, and DW Guardian 9 that I've been thinking about selling to get a higher end 9MM 1911. Would love to hear from someone who's banged the EVO. Is she all that?

2. Baldwin

Baldwin Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2018
    They're kind of speaking to me too. The link will take you to a forum where there's an Ed Brown sub forum. There's a lot of threads about the EVOs. You probably already know about that forum.
    https://forums.1911forum.com/

jeffpro66 and Al414 like this.

3. Al414

Al414 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2019
    They are very intriguing at their price point. I think they’re a little different than a vbob and kobra though. They have a bull barrel, an external extracted and less slide mass than those other pistols as well. I think the price point was achieved by using less metal in the slide, using an external extractor and not having to fit a bushing. I’m not super familiar with them but I believe the front sight has a feature that makes it easier to change out as well.

jeffpro66 likes this.
  4. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    There was a problem very early on but once that was sorted it appears people are very happy with them.

It would be interesting to hear from someone that has a few thousand rounds through thier gun.

jeffpro66 likes this.
  5. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    I got one of their early KC9's and had extractor issues. They redesigned the extractor and sent new ones. It hasn't missed a beat since.

IMG_2549 (2).jpg

6. Baldwin

Feb 16, 2018
    I've always heard that Ed Brown's stainless finish was very good. Do stainless EVOs have the same quality finish?

7. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    Click on the picture above your post... (zoom in on any part of it) and judge for yourself.

8. Baldwin

Feb 16, 2018
    It looks great in the picture and I love the grips. If the fit and finish is on the same level as EB's 5" guns, the price is truly a bargain (if there is such a thing).

jeffpro66 likes this.
  9. gps man

gps man Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2015
    I’ve had mine for a year. I like it quite a bit.
    Fit and finish is the equal of my other 3 Ed Browns.
    It shoots great.
    I carry it often.

jeffpro66 and Old Sea Dragon like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted