1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here own one, carry it, shoot it a lot, etc. I guess the brushed over the Gen4 black

I've always admired it, although you don't get the sense they are all the popular and the one time I could have bought one I just figured the re-sale of it I would get crushed.

FX1_1.jpg

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Eh thought it was ugly when it came out, over the top, still think so. I prefer understated and functional. I think you’re instincts were right, you’d get crushed on resale. Haven’t seen any posts about them since the release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
6,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You see them on GB for $3,700/$3,800 and I'm like who's buying them.

I like "different" so I'm not opposed to having one but it'd have to be in the low two's to even consider it

·
Registered
598 Posts
I do not generally go for non-traditionally styled 1911s...

...but I have had as drool-on for this pistol since they announced it. Something about its over-the-topness just...appeals to me.

·
Registered
630 Posts
If you’re even thinking of resale value when you move on to different experiences then don’t ever purchase an EB.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
If you’re even thinking of resale value when you move on to different experiences then don’t ever purchase an EB.
EB’s don’t retain their value??

Reactions: FWoo45

·
6,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
630 Posts
EB’s don’t retain their value??

It’s been common knowledge for a while along with their atrocious customer service but I planned on keeping the 35 hundred dollar gun I had them make for me so I didn’t care about the resale.
The build turned into a paperweight within a month and the customer service was annoying enough to just dump it. I had no buyers at $1,700.00 for 6 weeks so I bundled a X9L just to rid myself of the nightmare of that EB.
I still think EB has the most elegant stainless 1911 available so I guess it’s still a love hate thang.

·
Premium Member
3,455 Posts
I've liked the FX1 since it came out, just not the price. Now I'm in love with the Nighthawk Vice President, I'd love one of the VP's!

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
It’s been common knowledge for a while along with their atrocious customer service but I planned on keeping the 35 hundred dollar gun I had them make for me so I didn’t care about the resale.
The build turned into a paperweight within a month and the customer service was annoying enough to just dump it. I had no buyers at $1,700.00 for 6 weeks so I bundled a X9L just to rid myself of the nightmare of that EB.
I still think EB has the most elegant stainless 1911 available so I guess it’s still a love hate thang.
Sorry for your experience. That sucks. I agree about EB stainless in the semi custom guns other than the NH classics. Beautiful guns. A 9mm Nighthawk classic is a bucket list gun for me. I live in komifornia and have been bitten by the custom bug though so it will probably never happen.

The used gun market is just really self right now. Good time to be a buyer. Yost, Burton, Rogers, Christiansen, Reid, a few others, hold value but are rarely, if ever, for sale. I've thought of moving one or two but I'd take a bath on em. Immediately delete the price of the base gun, then chop the price further until it sells. Obviously there is the truly custom factor, what is right for me, the next guy/gal would probably change. Then the soft market, plus the 1911 world isn't what it should be. Most of my peers are poly gat folks.

Those of us that are 1911 folks, and appreciate different semi custom guns, are usually astute and looking at the used market. If you want to give one a try, buy used, here. GB and the new market are mostly for more well off folks who aren't gun people. I'm not bagging on anyone here. Nor do I count many, if any, here, of being the sort that I'm referencing. I'm talking about the folks who couldn't shoot their Wilson any better than a hi point but buy Wilson's and Kimber's because of their marketing budgets. Nothing against kimbers. I'm getting long winded so I'll shut up. If you want one, buy one, a gently loved model. Shouldn't lose your arse on that.

·
6,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've liked the FX1 since it came out, just not the price. Now I'm in love with the Nighthawk Vice President, I'd love one of the VP's!
I agree the VP is fantastic

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Then the soft market, plus the 1911 world isn't what it should be. Most of my peers are poly gat folks.

I like poly guns too.. (ducking)
We are playing a game of liquidity which is why the used semi custom game will always suck for sellers.

The EB in question has way to many different cuts for me. C'est la vie

·
Premium Member
3,455 Posts
I don't know where this dealer gets their guns from but most are cheap starting auctions. I looked at all of their guns they have on auction and I found blems on nearly everyone if I looked close enough.

I was real interested in the NH SS President 45 but when I got to looking close, I found several flaws. It almost wants to make me believe that "Fancy Bullets" buys blems from dealers that the dealer can't sell as new.

NOTE:
Go look at the Guncrafter Hellcat X2 on the right side at the slide stop hole. It's buggered up bad and they tried to cover it with a black sharpie or something.

Maybe I'm too hard on them but there's a reason that they can have so many nice firearms on a penny auction. Well that's my $2 worth.

·
6,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't know where this dealer gets their guns from but most are cheap starting auctions. I looked at all of their guns they have on auction and I found blems on nearly everyone if I looked close enough.

I was real interested in the NH SS President 45 but when I got to looking close, I found several flaws. It almost wants to make me believe that "Fancy Bullets" buys blems from dealers that the dealer can't sell as new.

NOTE:
Go look at the Guncrafter Hellcat X2 on the right side at the slide stop hole. It's buggered up bad and they tried to cover it with a black sharpie or something.

Maybe I'm too hard on them but there's a reason that they can have so many nice firearms on a penny auction. Well that's my $2 worth.
They certainly have some pipeline of guns in order to run these "penny" auctions and not get killed. It would be interesting to learn more about them.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
So, you buy guns to resell them? LOL Don't see how that works unless you are an actual bidness with lots of volume.

And, I like that gun

·
Premium Member
3,455 Posts
What are you talking about Ray? Who is buying guns to resell them?

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Very first post spoke of resale value, did you read all of the topic? Heck, I don't care why anyone buys guns, but I really don't think about resale value when I decide I want something or another.

·
Premium Member
3,455 Posts
Hey Ray,
No problem brother, I just didn't know what you meant sir. I don't think about resale value either if I want the gun to keep. Otherwise I buy used guns sometimes to use for trading if they're a good deal. I like trading.

Take care my friend and keep those Sooner's in line!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts