1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Maybe. I don’t see a ton of Eb Brown love here. Maybe, the 1911 side is struggling?? They don’t seem as popular as Wilson, nighthawk etc. maybe I way off base here.

It seems that EB guns are almost plain Jane in comparison to other semi-customs too. That appeals to me, but I’m not everybody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Then Die. When you cheapen your brand (Name) you can't expect to command a premium price. At least for me. Looks like your losing quality for quantity. There's already enough Gloc% & M&P accessories out there. The market is flooded. NFG.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I think the fact of the matter is we 1911 guys are more towards the upper side of the age groups. So for a company to stay relevant they have to appeal to the younger age groups to keep a growing customer base to survive for the future. To me this should not represent a decline in quality in 1911's (maybe less produced) but an investment in their company of more machinery, employees, and hopefully training. Like it or not there are many other firearm platforms and the 1911 isn't king of the hill.

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have S&W, Sig's, Ruger's etc. They have there place and followers. I still think it just cheapens the company. Just my opinion. I didn't mean to start a war. I new this would start controversy. That's why I did it. Keep it going until some blabber mouth like ILG's chimes in. Then I'm out.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I rather like what they are doing with the M&P's, particularly the improved slide to frame fit. I don't think it "cheapens" the company at all. Actually it is a pretty smart move from a business stand point. I am waiting for some Les Baer P320's.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I have S&W, Sig's, Ruger's etc. They have there place and followers. I still think it just cheapens the company. Just my opinion. I didn't mean to start a war. I new this would start controversy. That's why I did it. Keep it going until some blabber mouth like ILG's chimes in. Then I'm out.
Opinion noted and respected, no trollin' needed.

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,776 Posts
Then Die. When you cheapen your brand (Name) you can't expect to command a premium price. At least for me. Looks like your losing quality for quantity. There's already enough Gloc% & M&P accessories out there. The market is flooded. NFG.
I have to agree there is a **** ton of after market support for these firearms. They are going to have to do something really special to make it work but I understand the thoughts in chasing this market.

As a side note I just picked up a LW Ed Brown Kobra Carry (my first EB) and still have not shot it yet but my tear down and inspect shows the build quality is amazing.
I could see getting another in SS down the road as I’ve heard their Stainless is da bomb!

·
CEO of DILLIGAF industries
8,484 Posts
As I said earlier , EB probably had to expand and diversify to pay the bills . I don't think it's detrimental to their brand . Wilson doesn't just do 1911s , they do Berettas and ARs . Les Baer doesn't just do 1911s . They do ARs and long range bolt guns . I look at it like this . Fender makes $3,000.00 guitars and $100.00 guitars , $50.00 amps and $1,000.00 amps . Diversification keeps them afloat . I don't think it cheapens the brand at all . I know we may not see it , because we're fans , but the 1911 market is falling off .

1 - 20 of 45 Posts