Ed Brown Kobra Carry 45 + Extra's (Fantastic shooter)

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by John Hebert, Mar 27, 2019.

1. John Hebert

John Hebert Active Member

May 26, 2018
    I am looking to sell my Kobra Carry in 45 which is in excellent condition. I have about 200 rounds thru it since I purchased the pistol. I have never had one issue with it! The reason I am selling is I am turning 65 years young and I am finding it more enjoyable to fire the 9mm pistols. The pistol looks like new to me and it has one hairline scratch over the (C) in Carry which I just noticed in the sunlight today while cleaning? You will not notice it unless you are looking for it. I checked with Ed Brown on the serial number and they said the born on date was 2012. This is not the light version. I also have new Ed Brown Gold Bead sights on the front and Unotch on the back. I have the original case with tags and (2) Ed Brown mags. I also have a set of custom real Cobra Skin grips that really look great on the pistol. I am asking $1,950.00 shipped to your FFL. I would consider trades in 9mm, Wilson Combat, Nighthawk or certain STI pistols. I will accept USPS money orders only at this time. Please feel free to contact me with any questions and I have other pictures I can send. Thank you. ufuNMbQdT2yP5qv%0YHllA.jpg %bkXh8IRRg2wBNGf749wew.jpg View attachment 245035 IMG_0036-compressed.jpg 20181110_125220.jpg 20181020_144731.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2019
  2. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Congratulations on turning 65! That's a beautiful pistol. GLWS!

John Hebert likes this.

3. cherokee2u

cherokee2u Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Very nice pistol. I have one also. GLWS

John Hebert likes this.
  4. isialk

isialk Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 7, 2017
    Hopefully you had a good birthday, cause man that’s a really nice looking gun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Hebert likes this.
  5. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    Damn youngster, to old to shoot that beautiful Kobra Carry in .45 ??
    No Southern Gentlemen admits he’s to old Sir .
    Immediately send that pistol at no charge to me with your Carolina man card !
    ( include postage and FFL fees ). :happy:

Caeserslegion likes this.
  6. John Hebert

May 26, 2018
    If you ever had Arthritis in your hand and wrist you would understand! I just hope I don't get to the point of not being able to shoot at all! Not looking for sympathy just trying to sell a gun or get something that would suit me better!

Old Rasputin, gps man and tac45 like this.
  7. Oldgunner

Oldgunner Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2018
    Dear John;
    You're still a relative youngster compared to me, but good luck with your very reasonable sale. I have a Kobra Carry in stainless and it's my #1 EDC choice. tac45 keeps on trying for a real bargain, without much luck. Be careful with his TTT offerings! (they're all in good fun) :0)

tac45 and John Hebert like this.
  8. gps man

gps man Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2015
    Gorgeous gun at an excellent price!
    I’ve got my LW Kobra Carry In .45 on my hip right now.
    I’m 64 with some arthritis too so I know where you are coming from.
    GLWS

John Hebert likes this.
  9. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    You mean I’m foiled again ???? :bang::cry:

John Hebert and Babboonbobo like this.
  10. DKRanger22

DKRanger22 Member

Nov 18, 2018
    Beautiful pistol! GLWS

John Hebert likes this.
  11. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    John, I'm about to turn 69 and have an early model KC in .45. I was thinking like you so I bought the new EVO KC9. The jury is still out on that gun as I had to send it back to Brown.
    I will say this.... I like the oldie waaaay mobeta.

So I bought a loading press and I'm going to start making softer .45 loads for all the smaller .45s I have.

View attachment 245301

Magna likes this.
  12. Magna

Magna Active Member

Jan 22, 2019
    That is a sweet looking KC!

TheCollector likes this.
  13. John Hebert

May 26, 2018
    If I don't sell I may try to do the same! I am thinking a softer load will help a lot and may even shoot like a 9mm. I love to shot and trying to do it as long as I can! Thanks for the advice!!

gps man, TheCollector and duketbrd88 like this.
  14. Oldgunner

Oldgunner Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2018
    If you folks are looking for "soft shooting" loads for the .45, go to the bullseye forum.net. Most (or at least a great many) bullseye shooters are using 185 gr. or 200 gr. SWC bullets loaded to velocities of 800 fps or less. JHP bullets are also quite popular.

15. gps man

gps man Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2015
    4.0 Bullseye under a 185 or 200 grain SWC. Soft shooting. I shoot a bunch of them.

Steve Owens and Oldgunner like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted