1911 Firearm Addicts banner
261 - 280 of 303 Posts

·
Premium Member
WC sentinel, NH Thunder ranch, DW Valor , EB KC9,NH Counselor
2,850 Posts
Last night during IDPA practice the barrel gave up the ghost on my EB KC9 ! Thing was shooting awesome then just locked up
25k rounds factory ammo only and recoil spring changed at 5k intervals ( well below recommended)
Already emailed EB
Hopefully I can get it to them and get it back soon this pistol is my favorite and I have a match tonight so gonna have to run my Wilson ultralight carry
This is why I would never go high round count on an aluminum framed gun ramp or no ramp . This was a bitch to get free and not sure if an aluminum frame would have survived without cracking

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Last night during IDPA practice the barrel gave up the ghost on my EB KC9 ! Thing was shooting awesome then just locked up
25k rounds factory ammo only and recoil spring changed at 5k intervals ( well below recommended)
Already emailed EB
Hopefully I can get it to them and get it back soon this pistol is my favorite and I have a match tonight so gonna have to run my Wilson ultralight carry
This is why I would never go high round count on an aluminum framed gun ramp or no ramp . This was a bitch to get free and not sure if an aluminum frame would have survived without cracking
I agree on the aluminum frame assessment. I have an aluminum framed gun back at another maker with what I hope isn't that problem. It locked up simply cycling steel true weight snap caps to test whether a stronger recoil spring would remedy the pistol's repeated FTRB's (obviously, it didn't), and I didn't dare use the type of force necessary to get it free; I figured, let their gunsmiths do it and take care of whatever resultant damage to the pistol. Hopefully, a new barrel will get you back in the game soon!

EDIT: I agree with your subsequent post about reliability. I loved my SS KC9, but I'm not big on 9mm 1911's, so I did sell it. Not a single failure. Taking the below for its first range trip in a few hours, and I'm confident it will be absolutely trouble free firing, just like the other 4 EB's I have owned.
Everyday carry Knife Blade Wood Font

261 - 280 of 303 Posts