1911 Firearm Addicts banner
281 - 300 of 303 Posts

·
Premium Member
WC sentinel, NH Thunder ranch, DW Valor , EB KC9,NH Counselor
2,850 Posts
I agree on the aluminum frame assessment. I have an aluminum framed gun back at another maker with what I hope isn't that problem. It locked up simply cycling steel true weight snap caps to test whether a stronger recoil spring would remedy the pistol's repeated FTRB's, and I didn't dare use the type of force necessary to get it free; I figured, let their gunsmiths do it and take care of whatever resultant damage to the pistol. Hopefully, a new barrel will get you back in the game soon!
Yikes sorry to hear that !
Yes as my friend pointed out last evening I have other pistols to shoot matches with but when you have 25k down the pipe it becomes an extension of you my times last night went from low 13 seconds raw all the way to 16.5-17 seconds raw - huge difference there 😬 I was using a Sentinel and I missed everything couldnt hit the broad side of a barn at 17 yards with it . 14 points down on one array 😳. I was averaging 2 PD with the EB and had very fast times .

·
Premium Member
WC sentinel, NH Thunder ranch, DW Valor , EB KC9,NH Counselor
2,850 Posts
EB responded first thing this morning - my interactions with their customer service has been stellar . The pistol is under warranty for life so they are going to take care of it and I am going to upgrade/ replace some things at the same time while it is in there - new wider thumb safety etc . I am not going to refinish it as I love the battle worn look it is getting
Updates as I get them .

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
EB responded first thing this morning - my interactions with their customer service has been stellar . The pistol is under warranty for life so they are going to take care of it and I am going to upgrade/ replace some things at the same time while it is in there - new wider thumb safety etc . I am not going to refinish it as I love the battle worn look it is getting
Updates as I get them .
Great news!!

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
I took the new Kobra government to the range this morning, along with my Kobra Carry, which I had previously sent to EB for retro upgrades to match much of the government: extended mag release, short trigger, yellow HDXR front sight, and a full length, two piece guide rod. Both shot flawlessly. Oddly enough, I shot the commander better than I shot the government, but then again, it was my first time with the new pistol, and the fact that I was wearing old trifocals really didn't allow me to take full advantage of the extra air in the sights of the longer gun (getting older sucks!). These two are keepers.
Air gun Trigger Revolver Line Gun barrel
Azure Textile Luggage and bags Sleeve Rectangle
Air gun Trigger Wood Line Gun barrel
Calipers Wood Tool Revolver Knife

·
Registered
657 Posts
I had a chance to pick up my Special Forces today. Couple of quick pics with the 9mm (top) that I sent to EB to have modded to the SF configuration:

View attachment 1016766 View attachment 1016770

Looking forward to getting the e-mail from EB letting me know that my matching Commander is ready to be shipped.
Now THATS a pair to draw to!!
I thought of doing the same thing!! Might just do it!

281 - 300 of 303 Posts