1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
An Ed Brown Sheriff Jim Wilson Special for your viewing pleasure..... Years ago--2007 iirc--Ed Brown built a limited number of Government models to
specs provided by Jim Wilson: a Country Musician, an LEO with a long and distinguished career, as well as a well-known author in the firearms industry. I would have
carried this pistol years ago had I ordered it with an Ambi-Safety. Maybe one of these days I'll get around to sending it back. I must admit though: it looks pretty nice
just as it is. Enjoy.

Air gun Trigger Automotive design Tints and shades Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Automotive design Tints and shades Gun accessory
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Wood Sky Rectangle
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Composite material
Automotive design Air gun Automotive exterior Carbon Auto part
Hood Bumper Everyday carry Eyewear Automotive exterior
Camera lens Camera accessory Tints and shades Lens Gadget
Tints and shades Gadget Audio equipment Metal Font

· Registered
81 Posts
An Ed Brown Sheriff Jim Wilson Special for your viewing pleasure..... Years ago--2007 iirc--Ed Brown built a limited number of Government models to
specs provided by Jim Wilson, a Country Musician, an LEO with a long and distinguished, as well as a well-known author in the firearms industry. I would have
carried this pistol years ago had I ordered it with an Ambi-Safety. Maybe one of these I'll get around to sending it back. I must admit though: it looks pretty nice
just as it is. Enjoy.

View attachment 1138053 View attachment 1138053 View attachment 1138054 View attachment 1138055 View attachment 1138056 View attachment 1138057 View attachment 1138058 View attachment 1138059
Ridiculously beautiful pistol. Wow.

· Registered
723 Posts
Simple and elegant. Truly stunning. Not my cup 'o tea with the arched MSH and no magwell, but WOW - it is beautiful.

Reactions: Athame

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the nice posts. Per the number made, I contacted Ed Brown through their contact form on their website and received
following prompt reply:

"Hello William,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Sorry, we don't have the exact number, but it was between 75-100.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Kind regards"

Pretty. Do you know how many they made?

· Registered
299 Posts
Tru-Ivory grips were also used on the Ed Brown Centennial models. At one of the SHOT Shows about 6 years ago, I ran into Sheriff Jim at the Nighthawk booth, where he was touting the Sheriff Jim Wilson Border Special. I jokingly whispered to him, "Do these folks know your name is on an Ed Brown 1911?" He laughed and said the Nighthawk folks came up with the Border Special name, when they realized, they didn't want the name "Wilson" stamped on a Nighthawk.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts