Ed Brown Ed Brown Stainless 1911

Discussion in 'Range Reports & Reviews' started by WhoIsJohnGalt?, May 1, 2019.

1. WhoIsJohnGalt?

WhoIsJohnGalt? We Are! Supporting Addict

Feb 20, 2018
    In a recent thread I typed about a new-to-me Ed Brown 1911 that I picked up directly from the EB website. After some email exchanges with EB’s Customer Service team and via my recently-arrived “Letter of Authenticity” from the factory, I can confirm that this pistol is indeed a new “demo” gun. I’ve put its first 500 rounds through it recently (that is, beyond whatever the factory does before shipping).

Listed as a “BASE-SS” model, the Brown team outfitted this pistol tastefully yet in a button-downed fashion, including a subtle American flag treatment to the slide serrations that came out really well. As another Addict noted in the earlier thread, I don’t normally like anything other than “standard issue” serrations. These are proving to be a real exception. The slide further bears only the marking of “Custom by Ed Brown” on the right side. Totally clean otherwise.

The gun shoots quite well - better, as they say, than I’m capable of. The target shown is hardly a proper display of this. It happens to be the first 10-yard target of 22 rounds I put through the gun on its maiden range trip, a series of 1-, 2- and 3-shot strings starting at low-ready before each sequence (my indoor range won’t allow holster-work) with magazine changes from a belt pouch.

The gun was wiped-down and lubed before the first range trip. I put 300 rounds through it, a mix of FMJ and JHP, brass and aluminum. It cycled everything perfectly. I added a drop of lube each to both slide rails and smeared a fingertip of oil on the barrel every 100 rounds for those first 300. Took the gun home for its first cleaning and a re-lube, then back to the range for 200 rounds more, no at-range lubing that time. Again, no problems. I used a handful of my favorite and thus far “exclusive” 1911 magazines, Wilson Combat 47s, the 7-rounders. Cleaned it all back up and it’s now “on-duty” and being carried.

No “dirty pics” of the gun. Know why? It’s like the exterior of the gun won’t show dirt! It does, of course, but seemingly only a little. I’m sure the matte stainless finish is mostly why, though it gets quite dirty inside.

More to come as the round-count increases on this pistol, Lord willing.

DF4A5A90-1033-40D4-99BA-5FCF1797A8CE.jpeg 29293665-FB4C-453D-A572-42A24BFCA65C.jpeg 438A8CD6-B43E-4D88-B704-DBE397EC59C9.jpeg

2. BigSkyGuy

BigSkyGuy Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2018
    That is a sweet piece you got there!

WhoIsJohnGalt? likes this.

3. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2018
    Classy! I really like the American Flag treatment on the serrations, that should be an option from all manufacturers.

HOTCHKIS and WhoIsJohnGalt? like this.
  4. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    That is very sweet and as I hear it, no one does SS like EB! I personally love the flag cocking serrations, I like anything with flags, it’s one of my weaknesses!!

This is the only one of the big semi-custom manufacturers I have yet to acquire. I have held an EB at the Dundee Cabelas and it was awesome but in black not SS.

5. WhoIsJohnGalt?

Feb 20, 2018
  6. Jwp

Jwp Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Feb 6, 2019
    Love it, good shooting!

7. HOTCHKIS

HOTCHKIS NRA Life Member

Apr 21, 2013
    beautiful and great shooting!

8. WhoIsJohnGalt?

Feb 20, 2018

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted