1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
We Are!
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a recent thread I typed about a new-to-me Ed Brown 1911 that I picked up directly from the EB website. After some email exchanges with EB’s Customer Service team and via my recently-arrived “Letter of Authenticity” from the factory, I can confirm that this pistol is indeed a new “demo” gun. I’ve put its first 500 rounds through it recently (that is, beyond whatever the factory does before shipping).

Listed as a “BASE-SS” model, the Brown team outfitted this pistol tastefully yet in a button-downed fashion, including a subtle American flag treatment to the slide serrations that came out really well. As another Addict noted in the earlier thread, I don’t normally like anything other than “standard issue” serrations. These are proving to be a real exception. The slide further bears only the marking of “Custom by Ed Brown” on the right side. Totally clean otherwise.

The gun shoots quite well - better, as they say, than I’m capable of. The target shown is hardly a proper display of this. It happens to be the first 10-yard target of 22 rounds I put through the gun on its maiden range trip, a series of 1-, 2- and 3-shot strings starting at low-ready before each sequence (my indoor range won’t allow holster-work) with magazine changes from a belt pouch.

The gun was wiped-down and lubed before the first range trip. I put 300 rounds through it, a mix of FMJ and JHP, brass and aluminum. It cycled everything perfectly. I added a drop of lube each to both slide rails and smeared a fingertip of oil on the barrel every 100 rounds for those first 300. Took the gun home for its first cleaning and a re-lube, then back to the range for 200 rounds more, no at-range lubing that time. Again, no problems. I used a handful of my favorite and thus far “exclusive” 1911 magazines, Wilson Combat 47s, the 7-rounders. Cleaned it all back up and it’s now “on-duty” and being carried.

No “dirty pics” of the gun. Know why? It’s like the exterior of the gun won’t show dirt! It does, of course, but seemingly only a little. I’m sure the matte stainless finish is mostly why, though it gets quite dirty inside.

More to come as the round-count increases on this pistol, Lord willing.

DF4A5A90-1033-40D4-99BA-5FCF1797A8CE.jpeg
29293665-FB4C-453D-A572-42A24BFCA65C.jpeg
438A8CD6-B43E-4D88-B704-DBE397EC59C9.jpeg

·
Registered
833 Posts
Classy! I really like the American Flag treatment on the serrations, that should be an option from all manufacturers.

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,776 Posts
That is very sweet and as I hear it, no one does SS like EB! I personally love the flag cocking serrations, I like anything with flags, it’s one of my weaknesses!!

This is the only one of the big semi-custom manufacturers I have yet to acquire. I have held an EB at the Dundee Cabelas and it was awesome but in black not SS.

·
We Are!
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, all!

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Love it, good shooting!

Reactions: WhoIsJohnGalt?

·
We Are!