1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two month old EDC x9. Using my standard range ammo of 124 Arguilo the pistol fails to go into battery consistently. Worse when dirty.
OTOH using S&B 115 or 124, there are no issues.
Not sure why this is happening. I am stacked deep on the Arguilo so it is important. I don't want to go ammo shopping to test out other brands while this panic is going on.
Anyone have a favorite range ammo with zero issues in the WC or experiencing failure to go into battery and have a resolution other than back to WC. (Especially since I know it is ammo related.)
TIA jon

·
Registered
798 Posts
Try pulling the barrel out of your X9 and plunk testing 50 or 100 rounds of the ammo that you are having issues with. Perhaps some of that ammo will not chamber properly.

I have over 5,000 rounds through mine with 124’s without a malfunction. My wife’s runs perfectly with low power reloads around 900 FPS.

·
Registered
128 Posts
That’s not normal. My experience has been the exact opposite. My EDC X9 will eat anything. I had a problem with a couple of boxes of Blazer Brass 124gr FTE in my X-Tac Elite Carry Comp but I ran it through my EDC X9 without a hiccup.
Try what apipeguy suggests. Failing that contact WC. They will make it right.

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
4,980 Posts
Magazine(s)?

·
Banned
2,688 Posts
Yep. Pull barrel due “plunk test”.
Sounds like a short leade issue, which is easily remedied.

Reactions: Dub

·
Registered
554 Posts
Mine hasn't missed a beat in over 5K rounds, everything from my lousy reloads to commercial +p's.
Look for a batch of ammo out of spec
Also, did you break in your magazines? Load them up and let them sit a couple days, then try again with same ammo.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think at this point that I got a bad case of Arguilo 124.
Sadly i have 4 more cases of it. i thought I was deep on 9mm but looks like not. I'll use it up as range ammo, not comp and hope this ammo panic ends before I need another 10K.

·
born in the wrong century
4,287 Posts
I think at this point that I got a bad case of Arguilo 124.
Sadly i have 4 more cases of it. i thought I was deep on 9mm but looks like not. I'll use it up as range ammo, not comp and hope this ammo panic ends before I need another 10K.

Did it plunk in the EDC X9 barrel ?

Does it plunk in other 9mm barrels ?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes. Plunk test went fine. Tested 3 boxes.
I am hoping it was a badly loaded case.
Started into another case of ammo with original x9 and a backup I purchased and so far no issues.
thx for checking in.

·
ISO The Very Best 1911's
1,301 Posts
My experience with the X9 series is that some people can ride the slide or bump the extended slide stop with their thumb or support hand, this can cause a failure to go into battery since it robs the slide of velocity.

If your gun will feed the top round of a loaded magazine from slide lock but has intermittent failures when shooting, analyze your grip.

Also, measure the rims of the Aguila and see if they are wider than the other ammo you are using

·
born in the wrong century
4,287 Posts
Sounding good @p7fl

Hope it continues to run strong.

·
I’m just here for the 1911’s
3,015 Posts
Aguila is crap. I’ve had issues with it in 3-4 different calibers. Fiochi and Sellier and Bellot run 100% for me.

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,006 Posts
I'm sorry to hear this. I have two EDC X9 and an EDC X9L and all three chew through whatever I feed them.

Reactions: Dub
1 - 18 of 18 Posts