close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wilson Combat EDC X9

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by bigbob76, Apr 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. bigbob76

bigbob76 Not so big Bob these days Supporting Addict

Jul 3, 2012
    First let me say I would love to have one. Having said that I was trying to figure out which one of my pistols I thought it could replace or at least be an improvement over. I'm at a loss. Unless it was double action it is just another pistol I would love to have. I'm going to have to work at it to invent the reason why I 'need' one of these. Give me time, lol.

boatdoc likes this.
  2. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2015
    When you figure it out let me know. I like the gun and I own an XTAC 1911. It's a pretty cool grip treatment. This gun seems to essentially be Wilson's version of a 2011. I hope they sell a bunch of them, but for now it won't be to me. I have other dragons to slay.

SCS1911, bigbob76 and boatdoc like this.

3. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Aug 3, 2015
    Raylan
    to me it seems more like the spec ops upgrade we have been begging for.

I am thrilled to be on the wait list. something to look forward to(I guess. I am not a patient guy though)

bigbob76 likes this.
  4. apipeguy

apipeguy Active Member

Feb 28, 2014
    There have been tons of orders since this was announced. I'm just not feeling that I need a double stack and am a pretty old fashioned kind of a guy. Think I'll be sticking with my single stacks. This will be an extremely popular model as many want a double stack. From what I've read it will be more of a production gun with very limited options (at least for now) than the other Wilson models. I'll be down at Wilson Combat next month and hope to get my hands on one to see how it feels.

bigbob76, boatdoc and cwoods like this.
  5. pscipio03

pscipio03 Fun O' Meter on FULL Supporting Addict

Mar 11, 2013
    Would love one. But, I'll let other guys be test bunnies for WC and work out the bugs first.

ARTT1 and SCS1911 like this.
  6. Pennywise827

Pennywise827 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 23, 2017
    Well if my wife has her way, she will be getting one. It won't be in the next 6 months though, so I can watch and wait to see what others think.

bigbob76 and awmp like this.
  7. BuckyP

BuckyP Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2011
    I don't know why I haven't ordered one yet. I've wanted a compact, high cap, 1911, no grip safety gun. I've tried and come close, STI VIP and Craig F15 Fantom, but they both have grip safeties.

I guess I'm waiting to hear some first impressions from fellow addicts. :cool:

bigbob76 likes this.
  8. awmp

awmp Active Member

Apr 27, 2012
    I agree with BuckyP, I'm waiting to hear first impressions.

bigbob76 and boatdoc like this.
  9. Sapper

Sapper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2014
    I also think it is a neat gun, and good for Wilson for privately developing something. My problem is that with the exception of the rail version, it is a very expensive Hi Power.

bigbob76 likes this.
  10. Marine24

Marine24 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    For me, the EDC X9 went up against the ULCC. I had both on order and canceled the ULCC. Size is very comparable, but advantage goes to the X9 due to magazine capacity and price.

I have the ULCC in 45 ACP, which is a perfect carry size for me but lightweight frame would be more appropriate in 9mm.

bigbob76 and boatdoc like this.
  11. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Aug 3, 2015
    first impressions from a WC mastergunsmith and a couple of other 1911 shooter I know who have had their hands on them--all positive no negative. makes me very impatient waiting for mine

bigbob76 likes this.
  12. SCS1911

SCS1911 Failed all therapy Supporting Addict

Oct 5, 2012
    This, and I still have the 2011 bug. So many guns, so little time.

bigbob76 and ARTT1 like this.
  13. ARTT1

ARTT1 On The Razers Edge Supporting Addict

Jul 1, 2012
    Both spot on comments.

bigbob76 likes this.
  14. Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer Codename Duchess Supporting Addict

Aug 30, 2015
    Well, in all fairness it's not like their going to talk crap about the company they work for.

bigbob76, SCS1911 and Raylan Givens like this.
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted