EDC X9L

Discussion in 'Wilson Combat' started by Amp Mangum, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Amp Mangum

Amp Mangum Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2018
  2. Choppy

Choppy New Member

Oct 13, 2019
    I NEED one of these BAD!!

Dub likes this.

3. mcEDCx9

mcEDCx9 Active Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Looks very interesting! I would like to try it but I'm unsure if I'd like the aluminum frame on a full size pistol. I prefer steel.

4. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    It shoots lights out... fills the hand nicely and with 18 rds in it... its fine not being steel.

IMG_2848 (2).jpg

Bloodhound and Dub like this.
  5. random84

random84 Well-Known Member

May 4, 2020
    I just ordered one of these.

I was on the fence with STI, given the recent name change, warranty limitations on used guns and just the general "value" of a $2500 polymer gun for a double-stack /2011.

I looked at used and didnt feel like there was a great deal. I need a 1911 grip angle so that narrows the field a lot, but I wanted something I could trust by reputation with a big capacity...

Then I found the EDC X9L.

I would have gone for the X9 rail but they are hard to find - the railed X9L I found in stock for $2460 shipped, NIB, no tax and no CC fees. Additional mags were cheap also. One stop shopping, should be here in a week or so

We all have different opinions on carry and capacity. But I dont mind a full size gun and will probably carry this one in the winter and stick to the M&P shield in the summer.

This is my first Wilson... looking forward to it!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

River runner likes this.
  6. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    You will love that gun!!! My X9S arrives Fri...... it completes the trifecta.

Eric and random84 like this.
  7. zChambers

zChambers ........... Supporting Addict

Jan 21, 2015
    looking forward to an x9s range review!

8. p7fl

p7fl Member

Oct 30, 2019
    I handled one in a LGS last week. It came with a 15 round and 18 round magazine. Was surprised that the 15s fit?
    Definitely thinking about it, but then I start I start looking at the S... so many choices. :)

9. River runner

River runner Well-Known Member

May 4, 2020
    @random84, a railed X9 was my first Wilson and I love it. It’s terrific shooter. I can only imagine your X9L will be even sweeter!

10. random84

random84 Well-Known Member

May 4, 2020
    Just picked it up and fired a few rounds. Its VERY nice. I dont think I'd really notice much difference between the X9 and X9L, but I prefer longer barrels for mass and velocity as a personal preference.

The green fiber optic is fantastically great to acquire. Trigger is smooth, grip is comfy but tactile. I like the slide manipulation and operation (not slamming it home on an empty chamber is something I'll have to work on).

Also smaller than I was expecting, in spite of the double stack and 5" barrel (in a good way). Compared to other 1911s and double stack pistols I have, it feels slimmer / smaller in an elegant way that's hard to describe... perhaps "efficiently packaged." :)

Looking forward to getting more rounds through it. I have a holster and more mags en route.

I will probably buy another x9 variant based on my initial impression of this one.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

11. River runner

River runner Well-Known Member

May 4, 2020
    Very nice! Glad you like it and I completely agree with your description of the X9 shooting experience.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted