1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Kickin back a little
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a DVC style sub frame/grip to change out on my Edge. Problem I am having is I cannot remove the thumb safety. I’d like to find out if I am possibly doing something in the wrong order. I removed msg and magwell first. Did not remove the original grip sub frame. It won’t budge. YouTube didn’t help.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Hammer cocked and attempting to remove halfway between "off" and "on" for the thumb safety?

Some are pretty tight and require a slight wiggle action while pulling out.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
I swapped the grip on my Tactical and ambi safety was very hard to remove. I ended up putting two layers of thick cloth around it and using pliers to carefully work its way out. Left side first, from what I remember.

My Nelson plastic tool was just bending and not moving anything :)

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,097 Posts
I have a DVC style sub frame/grip to change out on my Edge. Problem I am having is I cannot remove the thumb safety. I’d like to find out if I am possibly doing something in the wrong order. I removed msg and magwell first. Did not remove the original grip sub frame. It won’t budge. YouTube didn’t help.
By sub-frame do you mean just the frame on a 2011? If so, not sure it would matter to making the safety any easier to remove. I usually remove the slide, then the frame, then the safety. I find it easier to move the safety up and down easier without the frame. Whatever you do, don't be the bubba that takes a flathead screwdriver to try and force the damn thing out.

·
Kickin back a little
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing a step somewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts