1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never owned a nighthawk before, looking at Nighthawk GRP chambered in 45. Has some light finish wear.

Build date is in 2011 (not sure if it matters in nighthawks)

Looking for what I should be looking for and what to expect from this pistol along with what it may be worth.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Looks ok from the picture. Doesn't look like much barrel hood wear at all. Could call nighthawk Monday with the serial number and ask about it. Does it come with all the paperwork and test target?

How much?

Have the guy field strip it and make sure that the slide, extractor, barrel etc. All match the serial number. They should all be marked.

Check the lock up on the barrel and slide to frame fit, should all be tight. When in battery, push down on the barrel hood and make sure it doesn't move down. Night sights are probably dim. Check the muzzle end in battery and also make sure there is no movement.

Everything should feel nice and silky smooth and be fairly tight, from my experience.

·
One more please!
1,764 Posts
The GRP and Talon were the original models available and are still available today.
stlgecko is correct about the parts used. Nighthawk makes a great product and I'm sure you would be happy it.
The one thing you want to check would be the sights,
They may not be very bright after eight years and may need to be replaced.
I would put the value around $1600-$1800.
Hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.