EGW Ejector bars~!

Discussion in '1911 Gunsmithing' started by Integrity Arms, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    Looking on EGWs website at their ejector bars and can only find the blue.. Does anyone know if there are SS ones available also, or if another manufacturer offers similar in a SS?

2. Greg Derr

Greg Derr Custom Pistolsmith Supporting Addict Sponsor

Oct 3, 2011
    You really don't want stainless

Steve Owens likes this.

3. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    So what do,you use for a stainless gun Greg? Rather new to using the blocks as opposed to the oversized ones, or extra long.. Since they make those in SS I just thought the blocks would also be an option..

4. Greg Derr

Greg Derr Custom Pistolsmith Supporting Addict Sponsor

Oct 3, 2011
    I use carbon, I also don’t use stainless extractors. You can leave the rear area unfinished and oiled. All the silver toned guns that I build are hard chromed in the end.

Steve Owens likes this.
  5. pistolwretch

pistolwretch Dremel jockey Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    Harrison has some nice oversized.

Steve Owens likes this.
  6. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    That's good to know, as the last one could of been much tighter..

7. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    Why won't you use Stainless Gregg, I'm interested in knowing. As I did notice for some reason DW doesn't appear to use any SS extractors or Ejectors in their guns. I have use the WC bullet proof stainless pretty much exclusively so far on SS guns... And so far no issues that I am aware of.. But, you guys have more time vested than I and I'm willing to hear the reasoning. Just had this type of discussion about a week ago with another addict about the DW pistols not using SS in those areas.

8. pistolwretch

pistolwretch Dremel jockey Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    I have been using a 'secret stash' of very oversized stainless ejectors that were made for Dr. Barry Greyson, to my specs, by EGW several years ago.
    I'm down to just a few and I need more.
    In the past I have machined stainless ejectors from heat treated 400 series bar stock, but it's time consumptive.
    Everything Harrison carries is of top quality. I have no hands on experience though with his oversize ejectors though.
    If you run into a situation where you need a 'bigger' ejector options are limited.
    Perhaps Harrison or EGW could be persuaded into a run of very oversized.

Steve Owens likes this.
  9. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    I imagine that EGW, when running some would run a batch.. From talking to them recent as soon as my FFL is in hand I will be able to have a little more clout lol... Maybe we both get em made and split some chuck.. Did, you see my reply on the checkering fixt.? I replied to your comment there again to show you what I finally ended up with. The cage will only have to be used on the horizontal and truing up the front strap, then the Tail stock will be enough for the vertical cuts. Thanks for the info. Very helpful. And yeah so far anything of John's I've used I have been very happy with the quality and the sizing as well.

ChuckC likes this.
  10. MDP

MDP MP Custom

Jul 22, 2016
    I use the EGW ejector bars. Not really sure if the extra machining required is worth it. I'm going to stick with their oversize ejectors from now on.

11. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    I've used their oversized a few times, still has a decent gap. Not that hard to machine the blocks.. Just wasn't sure about the availability... Thanks everyone for your input much appreciated.

12. hks1911

hks1911 Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2018
    IMG_0845.JPG I really liked the Harrison Design part, the little windows to fit to the slide are great. Came out OK for a home hack.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    MDP likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted