1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm loading 38 super and noticed that some rounds that don't pass the case gauge check in my Dillon single pass in my EGW 50 hole checker. I thought the EGW was the gold standard. All the rounds in question cycle in my firearm. Is it possible my Dillon checker is defective? Any reason to be concerned about shooting these rounds?

·
CEO of DILLIGAF industries
8,484 Posts
I'm loading 38 super and noticed that some rounds that don't pass the case gauge check in my Dillon single pass in my EGW 50 hole checker. I thought the EGW was the gold standard. All the rounds in question cycle in my firearm. Is it possible my Dillon checker is defective? Any reason to be concerned about shooting these rounds?
Chances are the Dillon is just held to a tighter tolerance . make sure it's clean . I've had some rounds seem tight in checker , and fly through the gun . Remember the gun has a recoil spring shoving forward . I've had some rounds would chamber fine in my Wilson and not fit easily into my S&W 625 revolver . I started using the Lee factory crimp sizing die . End of problem . Also , some guns are just tighter than others . I've seen guns that were loose and some so tight they needed chamber reamed . Might also be time to check setting and clean dies .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts