1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
None, boating accident!
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gotta thank a few guys on this forum who turned me on to this company.
It started with a sear, and I was blown away with its quality. Ya gotta hold one and compare it to others. It’s a step above. The chamfered edges, clearance cut on legs...what attention to detail.

so for my current build am going to run a whole egw ignition,and they have a sale going, also noticed a military discount, my lower back, shot out knees and ankles appreciate that. 11b!

After purchase, I remembered that I need the longer gunsmith sear for the radius jig, emailed em, they got right back to me, and swapped it out , sweet!
impressed with the service, and quality just sayin.
I complain about bad parts or service.

I can surly shout out, praise as well.
And need to do that more often.

Excellent company.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yup, good products! I have a custom sized barrel bushing from them, and it made an improvement in accuracy in my pistol.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Does the sear in the EGW ignition kit not extend outside the True Radius Jig? I have the kit in hand and jig on order.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
I have known George and crew for over 35 years from my early USPSA days. You will not find any better in the industry. George has been there and done that. He know what works because he shot what works and what does not. He is a top shooter and listens to his shooters. EGW has made some of the best parts and innovations in the business and still does. George has surrounded himself with great folks and treats his crew well. You may be using EGW parts and not know it. George supports the industry and that is why some of the best names in the industry support EGW. I consider George and crew old friends and give them thanks for the support that they have shown myself as well as others in the industry. George had gone to bat for myself many, many years ago with a leading industry manufacture of shooting sports optics when they entered the market, and I never forgot it. EGW is world class, bare none, and George never forgot the little man.

Tommy Roupe
or as George calls me, "The Grip Man"

·
Registered
None, boating accident!
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
With the true radius jig, I have, so far not had a sear too short, even some low end molded parts.

Mainly wanted the longer sear, so I know I was getting the radius spot on, at the longest length, I am currently building a 1911 type, that I have dreamed of since my 20s, back when I would lust over the pages of shotgun news, looking at things I knew I never could afford.
I had one gun back then, a Thompson contender, and two barrels, very much into silhouette shooting, first time I saw a combat pistol match , my match had been canceled , and had a long drive for that one, pre internet days . I saw the first combat match I had ever seen, was very cool, but out of my league back then.
With any pistol I tend to shoot at fairly longer ranges than most, and the 1911 for an auto is about as good as it gets. Anyway

Things change...

After much reading, decided, jem frame and slide, kart nm barrel, egw for ignition, all pretty much based on things I have learned here, I recon that should sling a 45 down range pretty good!

again thanks to forum members and their insights.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
You have chosen great parts for sure. When everything is finished, you should have a very accurate set up that you can take a lot of pride in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts