1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy. I'm retired from the Navy and again from various city's Public Works Departments. My first firearm of my own was a Browning Hi-Power. (Man, I wish I still had that one!) After earning Expert Pistol with a clanky old 1911 in the Navy, I bought a Colt 1911-A1 and competed with it a little bit. (Man, I wish I still had that one!) Decades later, a stainless Springfield Armory Range Officer reignited my love of steel, wood, single action, and manual safeties. Soon sold that one (naw, don't miss it...) and bought my Dan Wesson duty black .45 ACP V-Bob. I hope I'm smart enough to hang on to that one. Wouldn't mind finding a matching one in 9mm. I have small hands, so I'm also looking to find a 4" EMP Concealed Carry Contour in all black or flat dark earth with the bobbed grip. I've grown to like those (bobbed grips in general, that is).

Yeah, I know: I've poo-poo'd 9mm ever since my first 10mm, but it has finally occurred to me that I should have a 9mm pistol in my collection, since it could reasonable occur that I might only run across 9mm ammo in a SHTF scenario.

I also like my 1911-similar Sig P238 HDNI in .380 ACP. Sure, it's 173 notches down the totem pole from .45 ACP, but hot weather in Florida causes some rather severe wardrobe restrictions. The P238 can come along, even in flip-flops, shorts and a T-shirt and it's the same manual of arms. I'd like to find a second one of those, but they're like finding hen's teeth...

I'll be watching the classifieds!

Retired Military

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree. I installed a Harrison Design & Consulting short trigger on my .45 V-Bob and it helped a lot. I'm drawn to the V-Bob 9mm mostly because I already have one in .45 and love all-steel. But the Guardian (which I understand has an aluminum frame and ramped barrel to accommodate it) is also a definite contender. Why-oh-why does Dan Wesson come up with these great models, then discontinue them? Springfield did the same thing with their bobbed EMP4s >> Got people looking for them, then discontinued 'em. Jeesh!

Retired Military

Reactions: Rizzo

·
Premium Member
16,475 Posts
I agree. I installed a Harrison Design & Consulting short trigger on my .45 V-Bob and it helped a lot. I'm drawn to the V-Bob 9mm mostly because I already have one in .45 and love all-steel. But the Guardian (which I understand has an aluminum frame and ramped barrel to accommodate it) is also a definite contender. Why-oh-why does Dan Wesson come up with these great models, then discontinue them? Springfield did the same thing with their bobbed EMP4s >> Got people looking for them, then discontinued 'em. Jeesh!

Retired Military
Guardians are still around and no need to change ignition parts, something I do with my MIM parts pistols like Springfields and Do love my Ronin.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome from Virginia. Thank you for your service.

Thanx! Everyone is much more friendly than I expected on here! This is my first forum that I've joined.

Retired Military

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thank you for your service.
Welcome from the opposite (weather-wise) of Florida (Idaho). Watch out for the addiction!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No need to quote yourself! ;)

Since you're new to forums, always watch for a wink, usually means it's not a serious comment.
Yeah, that was an oops: I was just trying to delete the accompanying photo, but accidentally found out what happens when you delete that final QUOTE in brackets!

Reactions: Uncle Bob
1 - 20 of 35 Posts