Enough with the rain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Old Sea Dragon, May 17, 2019.

1. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    IMG_0625.JPG IMG_0615.JPG Here in northern Illinois it has rained more days than not, for the past three weeks. The marsh I live on has overflowed its banks and my backyard range has been underwater since it started. Most the local farmers have not planted and I suspect they are freaking out. I have mowed every chance I got but could bale what I have laying out back. Only the frogs are happy.

gps man, Otherside, xerts1191 and 5 others like this.
  2. razorbacker

razorbacker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 2, 2011

3. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    Don’t feel lonely sir here in Ohio we’ve had the same thing. The last three weeks that I’ve mowed grass I have either mode in the rain Or with my mower deck underwater. I got my mower stuck at one place that I cut that’s 3 1/2 acres and it’s the second time in five years I’ve had it stuck somewhere. Last night from 11 P.m. to 1 AM we got 3 1/2 inches of rain we ended up with a total of about 5 inches overnight it had just started to subside where there was no noticeable flooding left but now everything that was flooded before is flooded again. My backyard range isn’t underwater but my lawn is a swamp. Farmers hear of yet to get in the fields to even turn them over let alone plant anything it’s going to be a hard year on the Crops that’s for sure.

Otherside and Old Sea Dragon like this.
  4. isialk

isialk Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 7, 2017
    I’m with ya Steve and Dragon! We just missed some hail and funnel clouds yesterday, but it poured hard twice again overnight. I’ve been shop vacuuming and cleaning up the basement for a week. Cleaned gutters and downspouts and it’s clean and dry today. Ladder work kills my hips. Felt like someone beat me for two days. After this winter at first I thought, oh well at least you don’t have to shovel it, but now.... I don’t know! Im too old to learn about cubits. Hang in guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
  6. Antechinus

Antechinus Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2018
    Please send some down under,we are already 14 inches below average for the year to date

Otherside and xerts1191 like this.
  7. Old Sea Dragon

Feb 10, 2018
    I would if I could, is anyone having normal weather?

Antechinus likes this.
  8. Otherside

Otherside Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2019
    Was out in Ottawa at Buffalo range yesterday. I got rained out, been trying to get out to a outdoor rifle range for a while. I had enough time to shoot some rifles, just not enough for anything else. It's raining again this morning. It looks like a chance of rain every day for the next week. My grass has never been this high. We definitely need a break!

isialk likes this.
  9. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    What's the weather forecast for @limbkiller 's shoot?

10. gps man

gps man Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2015
    Same down here in St. Louis
    Last Monday the Meremac River dropped enough to let Marshal Road open up, but it’s still full. [​IMG]

11. Old Sea Dragon

Feb 10, 2018
    I did put on rubber boots and test fired some new 38 reloads Friday. About three inches of a steel spinner were above water so shot at that. The loads seemed accurate enough although I would have liked to have been shooting on paper for a proper group. I spent another rainy afternoon yesterday loading 230 more. Only a few sunny days forecast in the next ten for us. Maybe by June it will quit.

gps man, isialk and Otherside like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted