Ever Forget One and Then Find It??

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Busa Dave, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Busa Dave

Busa Dave Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2018
    Was going through the safes taking out everything and going through my "stuff" with my SIL this week they are visiting with the 3 month old grandson and I found this! Thought it was an empty box. Anyone else have one of these--was a CS build of I think around a 100 maybe?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    simonp, 1L26, xerts1191 and 17 others like this.
  2. theJanitor

theJanitor Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2014
    um, no. I could lose a sock, and even then, I don't have enough of those to misplace

3. Guy Montag

Guy Montag Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2014
    Seek help, you're beyond over-saturated!! ;)

4. walleyemonster

walleyemonster Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2017
    Seeing as how you didn't remember owning it, A raffle to the members is in order!;)

5. Oldgunner

Oldgunner Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2018
    That's why I keep an inventory, complete with pictures. It's also a good idea when you're "long in the tooth" and your beneficiaries might need to know what's where.
    :0)

6. ORShooter

ORShooter Just outsided the realm of Crazy!

Nov 28, 2018
    Pretty sure I couldn't forget one of those!:D

7. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2016
    Not really, but I did send a Stan Chen a complete 1911 I bought off this board, then I moved and forgot all about it. Out of the blue one day last year I remembered that project, but it had been over a year at that point so I was too embarrassed to call and see if they still had it. :)

8. tarosean

tarosean Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Since you didn't miss it.. You can send it this way.

My forgotten one was a Rohm RG10 that was furry when found.. not quite the same ballpark. :)

Busa Dave likes this.
  9. BennyAdeline

BennyAdeline Official Hi-Point Brand Representative

Nov 26, 2018
    Man, that’s a nice one! I’m jealous! More pics please!

Closest I’ve came to “forgetting” a gun was putting on a winter jacket that I hadn’t worn in a few seasons only to find it still had a little beretta .32 in the pocket.

FWoo45 likes this.
  10. Busa Dave

Mar 3, 2018
    Well yes I thought I had all of the boxes stored and one was heavy!!!! Remember thinking I Have Not Seen This One In Years! Will say this it is nice! Hand Built in the COLT CUSTOM SHOP, features: Black Nitride Coated Stainless Steel, Black Cherry G10 Grips, Dual Recoil Springs, Fitted Forged Grip Safety, Hand Fitted and Tuned Trigger, Tool Steel Novak Single Side Safety, Fitted National Match Barrel and Bushing with Carry Bevel, Tool Steel magazine catch and Sear, Tool Steel Disconnector, 20 LPI Checkered Front Strap with Improved Enhanced Cut, 20 LPI Checkered Mainspring Housing beveled to match the Receiver, Full Beveled Magazine Well, Complete Dehorning, Novak Night Sight Front Sight, Novak Low Mount Plain Black Rear Sight, Limited Run of 100 Pistols, Unique Serial Number Prefix "CSRG", Unique Slide Markings.

Agree about what most are thinking but I have pretty much set aside the 45's for the 38 supers and 10mm's SOON to be 9x23's added to the list! Shot the 45 for many years but just prefer the aforementioned ones now :). May give this one to my SIL--active duty Navy LT Sub Nuke guy. Active for 8 more months anyway!

Old Sea Dragon, cgff, FWoo45 and 5 others like this.
  11. ORShooter

ORShooter Just outsided the realm of Crazy!

Nov 28, 2018
    That would be a nice "Thank you for your Service" parting gift.:thumbs:

BigSkyGuy and Busa Dave like this.
  12. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
  13. Busa Dave

Mar 3, 2018
    ABSOLUTELY!!!!! Have something else in the works as well but yes AWESOME Thought! He has including his last 2 years of college 10 years active and will be staying in the reserves! I wanted him to make at least 20 of active but he wants to be a dad! Hell cannot blame him one bit! Appreciate his time on the Boats --- we are safer because of people like him who sacrifice more than most people can even imagine because they have not done it!!!!!

ORShooter, Chris O, FWoo45 and 5 others like this.
  14. removed

removed Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2015
    @Busa Dave - Here is what I think I can do to help you out. I will take that Colt Rail Gun off your hands. I mean, I don't think I could stand knowing you are oversaturated with 1911s and one was inadvertently overlooked. PM me and I can get you my FFL info. Heck, I will even pay for the shipping and insurance, cause I'm a hell of a guy! ;)

15. nix_gary

nix_gary Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2017
    Can’t say that I’ve lost one but I think it would go great with my commander model [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badabing11, gaijin, ORShooter and 7 others like this.
  16. Busa Dave

Mar 3, 2018

WOW what an offer let me think about it and get back to you! :D

17. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    I'll take number 73 in this raffle,
    please and thank you very generous of you for sure.
    :p:p

Busa Dave and ImperialBlade like this.
  18. Greg45acp

Greg45acp Double Secret Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 31, 2016
    I had help losing a Glock 19 in a couch once. Took me 2 weeks to find it wedged way down in there.

Busa Dave, FWoo45 and ImperialBlade like this.
  19. zipper046

zipper046 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    LOL....never a full pistol...but did build a .40 Open top for my G35 that was buried in the back of my safe...found it last month and shot it over the past month...was a hoot! But alas....i'm more of an iron sight guy (at least until my eyesight fails me...)

BennyAdeline likes this.
  20. mikegalway

mikegalway CEO of DILLIGAF industries Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
    Not a gun , but I did find 2 M1A mags and a case of .308 ammo while organizing basement

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted