1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an STI DVC Carry that I bought a couple of years ago and thought I shot it pretty well for my abilities. I recently bought an M & P 2.0 and put in an Apex trigger. Well @%#&*, I am finding that I shoot the M & P better overall: tighter groups and better accuracy at all ranges. kinda frustrating.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
I can’t say that as ever happened to me....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
28,393 Posts
I shot Pangari1’s M&P that had been worked over by Business End Customs. The 1st three shots were through the damn damn hole. Quite a few of the subsequent shots were through the same hole as well.

I’m not a M&P fan, but that pistol is the one that I shot better than most all I’ve ever shot.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I had a HK Elite 45 and consistently outshot it with my wife's Ruger SR9. I had to get rid of that particular HK.

·
CEO of DILLIGAF industries
8,484 Posts
I've got a 9mm Citadel that will shoot groups as good as anything I own . It's a 5 inch 1911 that I bought pre owned from a friend for $350.00 . It'll group right with either of my Wilsons . It doesn't have the fit and finish of a Wilson , the trigger doesn't feel as nice , but it groups great . A real value . MSRP new was below $600.00 . A high end gun depreciates that much as soon as you shoot it .

·
Premium Member
2,787 Posts
Couple months ago I shot my TRP operator better than my Pro side by side at the range. I have owned the TRP for much longer but was still surprised by the difference

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I picked up an inexpensive (around $800) Springfield 1911 a few weeks ago. It's basically a Springfield mil spec 1911 but with beaver tail GS and a few other modern features. It shoots remarkably well, despite the heavy trigger.

Here's a sample target shot at 25 yards (5 rounds). There is one flyer, but that may have been me.

Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Air gun Gun barrel

In a way, I wish it didn't shoot so well. It makes it harder to justify buying high-dollar semi-custom guns.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
An Apex'd M&P shoots well above its price tag. As others have stated, mine compliment my 1911's nicely.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I shoot my father's old Springfield Armory mil spec with g.i sights just as well as my higher end ones.

The only thing I did to his was add an EGW angle bore bushing for him. He still rubs it in my face that he only paid $450 for it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts