Everyone that loves their freedom should consider boycotting PayPal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AlchemyCustomWeaponry, Dec 11, 2011.

1. AlchemyCustomWeaponry

AlchemyCustomWeaponry Crabby Old Gunsmith

Nov 4, 2011
    This is an excerpt from an email that I received from PayPal pulling my ability to accept credit cards from customers.

The PayPal User Agreement states that PayPal, at its sole discretion,
    reserves the right to limit an account for any violation of the User
    Agreement, including the Acceptable Use Policy. Under the Acceptable Use
    Policy, PayPal may not be used to send or receive payments for firearms,
    firearm parts or accessories, ammunition, weapons or knives.

Looks pretty darned unfair to me.

2. Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I hereby pledge to NEVER send or accept money through Paypal. And I'm writing them to let them know why. I knew they were anti-gun, but they aren't even letting vendors sell holsters -sometimes. Other vendors have for years, no problem. Either way, I'm done. Anyone I'm buying from here, hope you'll take a money order.

3. AlchemyCustomWeaponry

Nov 4, 2011
    My account has been limited. I really just don't know what to say. What a bunch of liberals.

4. Mechanized

Mechanized He's a large "member" Supporting Addict

Sep 24, 2011
    My account was limited for trying to purchase an Item when I had just arrived in Egypt. I keep forgetting to get it unlocked. Oh well.

5. DRYHUMOR

DRYHUMOR Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    That's BS, ebay checkout uses paypal. And last time I checked there are all sorts of firearm parts, accessories, weapons, and knives.

6. 50GI-Jess

50GI-Jess Member

Aug 24, 2011
    I agree,
    Feel the same way about Walgreens too, after that stunt they pulled on that employee who defended himself a couple of months ago. But then again! There's so many companies out there who support gun control. I think it was American Rifleman, that had a list over companies some years ago about their anti gun support.
    I remember on of them was Levis Strauss. Now who in the world would have thought that a cowboy/biker image company like that is actually anti gun.
    Things are never what they seems to be sometimes.

7. Samcro

Samcro US Army Retired 1911 Supporting Addict

Nov 19, 2011
    Mine was limited once , Bought 1100. in ammo once it cleared the bank, it was lifted/restored .it is a random thing was what i was told .

Sam

8. lsbbigdog

lsbbigdog Smiffin' ain't easy Sponsor

Aug 21, 2011
    Yup. Doesn't Ebay own PP?

9. DRYHUMOR

DRYHUMOR Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Yep. I guess the rules are different when it's millions in revenue.........

10. AlchemyCustomWeaponry

Nov 4, 2011
    I need to run credit cards tomorrow and now I'm screwed. I just get this email outta nowhere.

11. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    The rules are always different for different people, groups, owners, etc .. It's a shame that gunpal went under, but they were probably doomed from the start. Somebody needs to start a competitive operation and NOT put "gun" in the name.. Name it something like "sendcash".. Ron

12. hogrider05

hogrider05 Member

Sep 12, 2011
    I recall reading a thread about a year ago about a guy who had the same problem, only with Bank Of America.
    Another anti gun corp.

13. Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    That's your multi-billion dollar idea there, Ron. It would likely take over like Netflix did to Blockbuster.

14. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    I only need a million or so for startup.. LOL.. Ron

15. Samcro

Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  16. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Lots of prohibited items and services.. Possibly not as specific as PayPal, but very vague.. Ron

6.2. Activities Not Allowed
    Weapons(Including and not limited to firearms and ammunition)

17. dirty barrel

dirty barrel ( . Y . )

Oct 30, 2011
    I know it won't help you for tomorrow but you should look at the merchant services that your bank has to offer. This way you could eliminate having to use PP. I hate Pay-Pal, I prefer to pay with money orders.

18. AlchemyCustomWeaponry

Nov 4, 2011
    I went with another online company. Got it handled tonight. Hopefully it will work out. If it doesn't, I will "bite the bullet" and go to my bank. I should have gotten that set up immediately. My own fault. I loved PayPal until tonight. They screwed me. Lesson learned.

19. Samcro

Nov 19, 2011
    either one of them i sent you help ?

20. AlchemyCustomWeaponry

Nov 4, 2011
    I didn't see your recommendations until it was too late. I won't tell you who I went with. You'll probably tell me all kinds of horror stories about how they're gonna rip me off.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted