EVO-E9 Two-Tone

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by azguy1911, Apr 11, 2019.

1. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    Anyone see that they have a two-tone on their website with a magwell, I'm liking this

EVO-E9.jpg EVO-E9-2.jpg

2. BCD 45

BCD 45 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2019
    I'd be interested but I can't find it anywhere on the site. Can you post a link? Thanks,

Jim D

3. slovan

slovan Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2018
  4. JM44

JM44 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Feb 2, 2018
    Yup, I like that one. Wishing now I didn’t didn’t see it...

TheCollector likes this.
  5. slovan

slovan Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2018
    The worst part is that this one is in stock and ready to ship. No waiting 120 days for it. Hmmm.....

6. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    It's hot for sure, I was playing around with ordering a two tone Nighthawk just like this (well close) and it was $4,400 with DLC on the slide

7. cherokee2u

cherokee2u Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Nice to see that EB is adding more options.

8. Bugs

Bugs Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I normally just feel meh about 2 tones bu that is one nice looking gun. What's the damage on that one?

9. ZArugby

ZArugby Kickin back a little Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2016
    For what its worth (and you'll get opposing opinions), I love my KC9. Its so accurate, its already 600 rounds old without a single misfire of any type, really soft shooting and the stainless steel is about 5 levels up from DW. Fiot and finish is definitely in the same league as a Wilson and maybe a NHC. Only thing I was dubious about was that the barrel does not have a feed ramp, which is the first time I ever saw a 9mm/38Super barrel like this. But, it feeds like a champ and every type of el-cheapo or home defence ammo runs through it. I like that it is a lightweight frame as well. Just like a DW Guardian... but better.

EB_KC9, ronin11, dash and 1 other person like this.
  10. slovan

slovan Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2018
    gps man and Bugs like this.
  11. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Can somebody help me to understand why anyone would run flush mags on a gun with an extended magwell?

Perhaps I'm naive, but this seems like they slapped this gun together at the last second and went forward with the photo shoot. It makes me wonder what other shortcuts and rush jobs are being taken with this gun.

12. Eric

Eric Cav Troopers Dad

Sep 10, 2011
    I saw this on IG and went to the EB site to check it out. When I saw it available I tried to call EB with a couple questions, I guess for general questions they only do emails. I sent my questions and after a couple hours received an email answering some of my questions. I guess I’ve become accustomed to calling Wilson or Nighthawk and getting a person on the phone that answers all of my questions. With the lack of being able to talk to a person I’m kind of on the fence right now, when I called I was ready to purchase depending on the answers to my questions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

13. dash

dash Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2016
    Good to know they’ll make some these without a bobtail. I’ll be watching for more, thanks for posting this.

14. ZArugby

ZArugby Kickin back a little Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2016
    That is classic Ed Brown unfortunately. But they do respond quickly to email.

15. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    Maybe because Ed Brown only makes flush mount mags, that are 9 rounders. You can use the 10 round Wilson's on this for what you are looking.

For the record, I think it's a lot of fun for $2,300 but what do I know

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  16. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Ed Brown makes extended slam pads for their flush mags. These would be 100% better than what is shown.

My comments were not intended as an attack on you. I just worry that people are seeing the brand name and not thinking critically about what is actually being offered.

Ed Brown has new management. I worry that the new management is doing to Ed Brown what Ron Cohen did to SIG and Kimber.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  17. Vkl

Vkl Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Good looking piece!

18. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    Wake me up when they offer it in .38 super.......... I've been bugging them for that about every 3-4 weeks. Starting when I ordered my 9mm close to 6 months ago.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted