1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After almost 4 months of waiting, my EVO arrived. I nearly forgot what it looked like... especially since I haven't seen any "real" pics posted here.

Sooooooooo, a few quick phone pics.

IMG_2200 (2).jpg
View attachment 220329 View attachment 220331

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Interesting pistol. Looking forward to a range report.

Reactions: TheCollector

·
Premium Member
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting pistol. Looking forward to a range report.
:grin::grin::grin: "Interesting pistol"....*** translation = WTF! **** :grin::grin::grin:
I admit, not for everyone..... I like it though, it doesn't look like everything else in the safe.

Reactions: stlgecko and B81

·
Registered
273 Posts
It looks very nice, especially for the price! Congratulations and I look forward to getting your feedback on it. The HD XR sight is really nice. I have one on my FX1 and then decided to get one for my Glock as well.

·
Just outsided the realm of Crazy!
1,837 Posts
Very nice, I too look forward to the range report.:thumbs:

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
:grin::grin::grin: "Interesting pistol"....*** translation = WTF! **** :grin::grin::grin:
I admit, not for everyone..... I like it though, it doesn't look like everything else in the safe.
I'm sorry. It's the external extractor. It's so... not what I would expect from Ed Brown.

But, maybe it shoots really well.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,232 Posts
It's well optioned for the money and I like that fact it doesn't look like everything else. it'll be interesting to see the GB prices on these once they are out there more ;)

·
Premium Member
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NICE! I do want one, a lot. Just have to wait until later or maybe next year. I spent the gun budget early this year. lol.
I bought mine with money from Gun Budget year 2026! :confused::confused:

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I've had my eye on these and kind of reserving a future spot for one. I don't know how one could go wrong for the quality/price of these. I hope with the slimmed slide will fit tight in existing commander leather. Awaiting owner feedback after a few have been wrung out at the range.

·
Premium Member
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for posting this. I've had my eye on these and kind of reserving a future spot for one. I don't know how one could go wrong for the quality/price of these. I hope with the slimmed slide they will fit tight in existing commander leather. Awaiting owner feedback after a few have been wrung out at the range.
The next step is for enough of us EB owners to apply pressure to get a .38 super option or conversion parts for them.

Reactions: ZArugby and gps man

·
Premium Member
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Isn't the rule here posting privileges are revoked until a range review?
I'm posting on borrowed time just like I bought it on borrowed gun budget money from the future.
Hopefully getting to the range tomorrow.

·
Enthusiast
87 Posts
Handled one of these at SHOT. Man, it was slick as glass. I could not even feel it when the slide and barrel lug separated when the slide retracted. The narrowed slide and bobtail made it seem like a much more compact gun, even though it's on a full frame.Looked to have the same quality as the more expensive EBs.

·
Premium Member
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Handled one of these at SHOT. Man, it was slick as glass. I could not even feel it when the slide and barrel lug separated when the slide retracted. The narrowed slide and bobtail made it seem like a much more compact gun, even though it's on a full frame.Looked to have the same quality as the more expensive EBs.
I have an early model KC and I'm interested in comparing them. I was hoping to make a range trip today but I have come down with the whole scratchy throat, drippy nose, stuffed head thing.
(I know.. TMI)

IMG_2209 (2).jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I received my Evo last week with the G4 finish. slick as a ribbon and feels much thinner and lighter than my Bobtail Commander in 45 ACP. Fit a High Noon holster I have for a Emp4. Flawless performance at the range through about 50 rounds of ball ammo. Definitely a keeper.

·
Enthusiast
87 Posts
Anxious to see the comparison, TheCollector. I didn't measure the difference in the slides, if you think, can you do that? The comparison to the the EMP slide size fits, but I was of the understanding that otherwise the frame is straight 1911.

·
Premium Member
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anxious to see the comparison, TheCollector. I didn't measure the difference in the slides, if you think, can you do that? The comparison to the the EMP slide size fits, but I was of the understanding that otherwise the frame is straight 1911.
I'm not sure if I fully understand your question correctly but this might answer it. The EVO slide is 1/4" shorter than the Kobra and it is .05" thinner. The frames are the same.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts