1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After buying a Mono Evolution govt earlier this year and deciding it was probably my favorite 1911 to date, I found some additional works of art from Dave for sale at Rainer Arms. I bought the Classic Govt Model they had today but there are two tactical models available as well one that's a commander and one that's Govt size.

·
Vendor
3,665 Posts
I know nothing about these evolution 1911s so why is this worth 5 or $6,000?
We can be Googled. 😀

Here’s a birdseye view of what goes into a typical Evolution Armory 1911 build, basically step by step.

Thanks for the repeat business and kind words Muffin. I’m glad you like that heavyweight Gov’t so much.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We can be Googled. 😀

Here’s a birdseye view of what goes into a typical Evolution Armory 1911 build, basically step by step.

Thanks for the repeat business and kind words Muffin. I’m glad you like that heavyweight Gov’t so much.
No, thank you Dave, love the work you do. I am surprised you don't advertise that you have some guns running around for sale from resellers here on addicts.

·
Vendor
3,665 Posts
Very interesting to find at Rainier! I may be over in Auburn in a few days, I’ll have to stop by and see Dave’s current work.
Let me know ahead of time so I can clean up a little. It’s been a crazy couple of months and the shop is paying for it 🤣

·
Vendor
3,665 Posts
No, thank you Dave, love the work you do. I am surprised you don't advertise that you have some guns running around for sale from resellers here on addicts.
I didn’t want to step over the line by advertising the guns for Ranier here. I’ve let people know about them but didn’t post this info publicly.

It’s been posted by other members before too.

·
Registered
567 Posts
5 or $6,000 pistol and you guys can't answer a simple question as to what makes it worth so much money? I guess it's not after all then.

Both the owners of them and the company clearly knows nothing about marketing and good press

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I know nothing about these evolution 1911s so why is this worth 5 or $6,000?
That's worth a search as the question of why X 1911 at Y dollars is better/worse/same/different than A 1911 at B dollars has been done ad nauseam here and to no definitive conclusions because too much is subjective.

EA's work uses top materials, built by a master craftsman, taking his time to highly refine fit and aesthetics. That costs.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
5 or $6,000 pistol and you guys can't answer a simple question as to what makes it worth so much money? I guess it's not after all then.

Both the owners of them and the company clearly knows nothing about marketing and good press
Well, as I was typing my above reply you posted this and Dunning-Krugered yourself right out of the conversation.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
After buying a Mono Evolution govt earlier this year and deciding it was probably my favorite 1911 to date, I found some additional works of art from Dave for sale at Rainer Arms. I bought the Classic Govt Model they had today but there are two tactical models available as well one that's a commander and one that's Govt size.

I do business there frequently, are you talking about the location in WA? I was just there and didn’t see anything but a couple nighthawks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ok. I'll try to answer. Fit, finish, and attention to the microscopic detail. Dave built exactly the pistol I WANTED. My commander bobtail shoots everything that it's fed and is a pleasure to shoot. And I can trust my life that it will do its job if called upon. "That's all I'm going to say about that."

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I do business there frequently, are you talking about the location in WA? I was just there and didn’t see anything but a couple nighthawks.
Yeah when I called the number on the website I spoke to a gentleman in Washington state. If you click on the link in my initial post in this thread you will see their Evolution inventory.

·
Vendor
3,665 Posts

I literally posted a link to a thread I did where I take you through every step of the build from start to finish. I don’t know what more I could do but here goes.

To answer your question about why they’re so expensive, one part is due to the cost of the parts used is 2 grand alone. Second, I use some of the more expensive and durable finishes on the market. Third, people like how I build a pistol. I build a full ground up pistol for the price of a Wilson Combat Supergrade. A semi custom pistol. The guns I build start out as total blank slates for the majority of them. Almost every option is added by me.

I hope that helps explain it a little better. Sorry my first answer was very short. I’m used to talking to these guys who already know about us.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts