1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a long wait. But my Dan Wesson A2 as reworked by Evolution Armory finally arrived yesterday. I bought this gun from BBP about a year ago, on a whim, and had it shipped directly to EA. Since the A2 is Dan Wesson's take on a 'retro mod' style update of the classic A1, I figured it would be ok to add a little more 'modern' to it, while still retaining some of the timelessness of a classic design.

She got some checkering, a flattened and serrated slide top, a fitted Wilson magwell, a more comfortable thumb safety, some Harrison fire control parts, a 10-8 rear U notch site and a Trijicon front site, a mild dehorn, and a polished classic blue finish. I fought my natural tendency to want to flush-cut and crown the barrel or serrate the back of the slide, as I wanted a few small cues to tie it back to it's fore-bearers. Work was expertly done.

I've bought three sets of grips for this gun over the past year, with two of them unexpectedly finding new homes during the wait. However, as much as I liked the mammoth grips on my hard-chromed Delta, they have found their home here, as originally intended.

Very pleased with how she looks. I've never been one to leave my toys in their original packaging, so this is probably as clean and scratch-free as this one will ever be. I plan to shoot the hell out of it, and provided it proves reliable, it will occasionally ride in a holster when I want to feel pretty or need a change of pace from the other full-sized 1911s I prefer to carry.

Waiting really is the hardest part.

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
That’s a beauty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: WhoIsJohnGalt?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Evolution Armory does great work. Wish I still had the Colt Commander they did for me. By the time I’m ready for another build I have a feeling heir backlog will be much longer than my first go ‘round.

Awesome pistol!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Beautiful ... can't wait to hear how she shoots!

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,547 Posts
Droooool.JPG

·
Registered
668 Posts
I love it! Now, you've got me wanting to do something similar. Congrats and Happy Shooting!

Reactions: WhoIsJohnGalt?

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Evolution Armory does great work. Wish I still had the Colt Commander they did for me. By the time I’m ready for another build I have a feeling heir backlog will be much longer than my first go ‘round.

Awesome pistol!
Any idea of current wait times? Seeing this makes me think of sending in a Colt S70 that needs just a little love from a Smiff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
I do not consent.
1,422 Posts
Very nice. Great choice on the one-piece magwell. What thumb safety did you go with?

These really are nice guns, and I get why they are spec'd the way they are. But they need some changes to work for me and you've done a great job fixing the same things I would fix.

Looking forward to range reports.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,221 Posts
Wow!

Sheeeesa Beaut!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts