I’ve got a couple dozen consignment 1911s from a fellow Addict who is paring down his collection. I am going to be posting them here in the coming days and weeks. They are all medium to high end 1911’s. The following comments will be pretty consistent across all of the listings:
- All but a couple of them do not come with the original bag/case. Owner discarded them in favor of the grey Wilson Combat bags for consistency in size and mag capacity. He is going to try to get replacements over the next couple of weeks but for the time being consider that unless otherwise noted, you will get the pistol in a Wilson bag. The rest of the stuff (manual, bushing wrench etc) appears to be all there.
- By and large the collection is in excellent condition and more than half are unfired. When that is the case I will state that in the ad, but I will let my pictures do the talking.
- If it is a gun that I originally sold to the owner and I have existing photographs I will use those, provided that the gun is in the same condition as when I photographed it. I will probably list the guns that are already photographed first.
- The plan is to offer them up here on Addicts for an undetermined time and if they do not sell at the asking price, we may either reduce the price or post them on GunBroker, or Guns International. If we move a gun to either of those sites we will let you know in case anyone is interested in following the auctions.
- Even if you know the owner, please respect the consignor/consignee relationship, and do not attempt to negotiate a better deal directly with him. He has asked me to handle that for him and reasonable offers will be relayed to him. He has also asked that I let him know if an interested party wants to chat about a particular gun.
- As stated, the owner is merely paring down his collection. He is not in a hurry to sell them, not interested in trades, layaway or lowball offers.
- If you want to pay with a credit card, you can do so at a 3% fee. We will also accept PayPal provided it is friends & family option with no comments in the notes field.
- FedEx 2 Day Shipping will be included in the asking price.
This beautiful Commander is finished in Ionbond DLC (my favorite finish) and features the following:
- Carbon Steel Frame 25 lpi checkering
- Carbon Steel Caspian Slide
- Kart Match barrel w/ 30 degree crown
- EGW bushing and spring plug
- Ted Yost Gold Line sight
- Custom rear sight
- Flat top serrated slide with ball cut borders
- French border
- Carry bevel
- Ball Cut slide
- FBI slide stop mod
- Harrison Design TR ignition kit and long trigger
- Stan Chen MSH with round butt
- VZ grips EGW/JEM grip safety and Wilson Combat thumb safety
- EGW slide stop
- EGW mag catch
- Custom machined ejector
Can we all agree that this front end treatment is just unreal? I certainly think so, so we'll start with it:
Flawless! want to zoom in a little?
Little-known fact: David Panciotti does the Ionbond finish for Ionbond, i.e. he is "the guy" that is actually in Ionbond's shop doing the firearm jobs, so whatever you might have heard about QC, that's all changed. Just look at these pics!
MORE PICS: Evolution Armory EVO0011 .45