1. Joe C

Joe C Custom Pistolsmith Sponsor

Sep 11, 2011
    When I started Chambers Custom in June of 2010 I managed to scrape together enough money to buy a small lathe and a lightly used Webb 3VH mill. The Beast, as I call it, is just that, a BEAST. It is a huge mill that is capable of doing more than I could ever think of doing. But alas, it has become a busy machine.

The past couple of years have seen some interesting times here at the shop. From adding Brandon and Eric to now David. And of course having Heidi and Tadd in the shop to always look after me is a great blessing.

So, with all the great exciting things going on here it was time for me to expand a little bit. I don't take these steps lightly, nor do I take them without much prayer and thought. But the fact became, I don't get much mill time these days because the guys are always on the machines. That all changed today...

Please join me in welcoming Lil Webb, my new personal mill. It is a brand spanking new Webb 2VH with new everything. In the coming days I'll add the exciting new touch screen DRO, vise, leveling feet, VFD, collets, and cutters and be back in the saddle again doing my own builds full time! And I couldn't be more excited.

First allow me to give thanks to my friend Matt for loaning me his loader and experience getting heavy stuff off a semi. Brother, I would have definitely dropped it and probably injured myself trying to do this without you.

Thank you to Toby and the great folks at Table Rock Bank for believing in our dream with us. We truly wouldn't be where we are today without your help and guidance.

Also a HUGE thanks to Eric and David for making sure I didn't kill myself and helping tear apart, clean and put back together the shop before and after helping me get the new machine in place. I couldn't have done this without you brothers. But no, you still can't use Lil Webb.

A sincere thank you to all of my client friends, for without you, this dream wouldn't exist. You are the reason we build. You are the reason we press forward every day to create the finest pistols we can produce regardless of the time and energy involved.

And of course a big thank you to Heidi and my folks (wish you could see this momma) who have been a constant source of encouragement and love as we have grown and expanded Chambers Custom and this dream we have to build "Obsessibly Reliable, Accurate and Beautiful Pistols".

~Jc

20200714_164235.jpg Resized_20200714_173042.jpeg Resized_20200714_173302.jpg Resized_20200714_173315.jpg Resized_20200714_173323.jpeg Resized_20200714_175131.jpg 20200714_230914.jpg 20200714_230932.jpg 20200714_230943.jpg 20200714_231008.jpg

sr-1911, ripdog28, salelcid and 51 others like this.
  2. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire

Apr 12, 2016
    Excellent!!
    Keep on doing well,ya got a good heart man! :)

isialk, Joe C and 1911 crazed like this.

3. DRYHUMOR

DRYHUMOR Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Hell yeah!

Joe C and 1911 crazed like this.
  4. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
    Saw this on the stoopid facebook, congrats on the expansion and continued growth!!!

Joe C, 1911 crazed and Kip like this.
  5. BBP

BBP Enabler Sponsor

Feb 1, 2014
    Congrats

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

6. Dan

Dan NRA Life Member

Jul 29, 2013
    get it all set up ? Congrats Brother!

7. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    May God's blessings be upon you! :D

Joe C, livinthelife, DMiller and 2 others like this.
  8. SCS1911

SCS1911 Failed all therapy

Oct 5, 2012
    Nice. A lot of work gonna get done on that!

Joe C likes this.
  9. 1911 crazed

1911 crazed Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2019
    Congratulations. Can’t wait to see what you turn out now. Keep pushing!

Joe C likes this.
  10. Capthobo

Capthobo NRA Endowment member Supporting Addict

Nov 9, 2016
    Congratulations on your new baby!
    This calls for a new jug of mustard I think!

FWoo45 and Joe C like this.
  11. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Awesome. What VFD are you going to install?

Joe C likes this.
  12. Geoff

Geoff Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2016
    Exciting news, enjoy the new mill. I am sure with it we will see even more amazing work coming out of CC.

Joe C likes this.
  13. mtodd

mtodd 1911 lover Supporting Addict

Oct 8, 2012
    Good stuff!

Joe C likes this.
  14. SLAM37

SLAM37 Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2016
    Congratulations -- I hope to have a pistol from that mill some day.

15. Au Jus in Bello

Au Jus in Bello Well-Known Member

May 19, 2017
    Trust this means we'll see a sizable batch of new WMGs in a variety of configurations available in the classifieds say, oh, how about next week? ;)

Big congrats expanding the shop and growing the business.

rockittsled, Joe C, AJP and 1 other person like this.
  16. LAMB1911

LAMB1911 JCooperfan

Aug 14, 2013
    Outstanding! and I have a Joe Chambers rookie card ( it’s no Honus Wagner but what the heck, Honus is no Joe Chambers!)
    Brother I shot my CCP 22 today and that beast is as accurate as ever and the Para you worked on years ago. 15 round mag, 15 yards one medium sized hole!
    Owning a Chambers Custom,
    Feel the MoJoe!!
    Congrats to all at Chambers Custom!!

17. Sniper 217

Sniper 217 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    I need to figure out how I’m going to get on that list eventually.

Joe C likes this.
  18. Joe C

Joe C Custom Pistolsmith Sponsor

Sep 11, 2011
    Running the power tomorrow or Saturday it looks like.

Running the FMX Tough Drive for 5hp max for the VFD.

Running the three axis EL700 with magnetic scales from DROPROS for the readouts.

HA! Not from me! I wish I had some in the safe to sell but every time we think we'll put some away people snap them up so, reckon that's good too.

19. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Beautiful new mill Joe! Webb makes good stuff. The ones I'm more familiar with are a bit antiquated compared to this sexy beast.

Joe C likes this.
  20. switchback

switchback Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2014
    Congratulations to Chambers Custom Pistols!!!! You've worked hard and deserve all the expansion. And "lot of prayer and thought" is exactly the correct way to be a good steward. Without trying to steer this toward faith, because you do it properly, you've been blessed. Again congratulations and continued health and blessings.

Dan, Kip, Joe C and 2 others like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted