Experience with Pistol Dynamics / Paul Liebenberg

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by 1911 Bug, Oct 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1911 Bug

1911 Bug No Plastic!

Nov 15, 2012
    If I posted this in the wrong forum, my apologies. I’m hoping I might gain a little insight as to how to deal with my 6 year old custom order from Paul Liebenberg/Pistol Dynamics.

Has anyone here had any experience? Good or bad? I placed my custom build order in June of 2013 and have paid in full. I contact them every few months and always get some type of excuse. Bad parts, bad supplier, changed finishing companies, etc. I cannot get a commitment on a timeframe for completion nor can I get a refund. I honestly am not convinced that any work at all has been completed on my pistol. I can’t even get progress pictures to assure me that progress has been made.

I’m at a complete loss as to what to do. Part of me is afraid to be too demanding. I fear that I might end up with a crappy built pistol where if I just keep my mouth shut, I might somehow be rewarded with a higher quality product. I’m pretty sure this is wishful thinking and a big part of me thinks I have wasted a tremendous amount of money on a custom 1911 that I am never going to receive.

If anyone has any prior experience or any suggestions at all, I would very much appreciate hearing them. Thanks in advance

ZoidMeister likes this.
  2. Dangerous Brian

Dangerous Brian Pigtails and butter please...

Dec 9, 2013

3. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Only a fool would give that guy a cent. Google is your friend, a ton of stuff comes up. Issues going back ten years.
    Be sure to ask about his wife’s colon cancer. :roflmaro:

4. SCS1911

SCS1911 Failed all therapy

Oct 5, 2012
    Prostate, G. Prostate :p

FWoo45 and ZoidMeister like this.
  5. bnaples

bnaples Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    :roflmaro::cry: okay...I caught my breath

:popcorn:

6. bnaples

bnaples Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    There was a pistol dynamics expert/ lawyer on the last thread like this....maybe he will chime in. @ZoidMeister might remember his name or have his contact info. Lol

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    rgyarbro and ZoidMeister like this.
  7. mlea5150

mlea5150 Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2016
  8. Razer

Razer On The Razers Edge Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Jul 1, 2012
  9. SCS1911

SCS1911 Failed all therapy

Oct 5, 2012
  10. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    People will tell you he's the ultimate craftsman and it's worth the wait :roll:

FWoo45 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.