·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Unfortunately they wont make it across the CA border

Reactions: Dub and HooDoo Man

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Well, at least they didn't call it the Hellcat.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts

·
In the staging lanes
2,259 Posts
Looks like ^^ 2 guys won't be ordering these soon. :D

I don't mind the dbl stack commander. I don't care if they "stole" great ideas/design cues from other quality mfgs. Kudos to the originators for sure.

George

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
...I won't be ordering a Wilson because I know how the sausage is actually made, not because they stole this checkering from Ned and GI.
How is the sausage actually made? We can take it to PM if you like, but I'd honestly like to know and think we'd all benefit.

I've spent my dollars on Wilson -- what do I actually have? I've bought other high-end 1911s and I'll be buying more, am wide open for meaningful guidance on where to spend it (several makers interest me), and clear, demonstrable facts help in the decision-making.

There's been something of a whisper campaign about Wilson over the last couple years -- lots of unverified (or unverifiable) claims and echo-chamber accusations about glorified production guns, drop-in parts, etc., that generally sound more like tribalism and snark than anything actually informed or informative.

But you're respected and in a position to know, so share -- how is the sausage actually made and why does it put you off?

·
Registered
419 Posts
How is the sausage actually made? We can take it to PM if you like, but I'd honestly like to know and think we'd all benefit.

I've spent my dollars on Wilson -- what do I actually have? I've bought other high-end 1911s and I'll be buying more, am wide open for meaningful guidance on where to spend it (several makers interest me), and clear, demonstrable facts help in the decision-making.

There's been something of a whisper campaign about Wilson over the last couple years -- lots of unverified (or unverifiable) claims and echo-chamber accusations about glorified production guns, drop-in parts, etc., that generally sound more like tribalism and snark than anything actually informed or informative.

But you're respected and in a position to know, so share -- how is the sausage actually made and why does it put you off?
PM incoming.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,829 Posts
Don't hold your breath.

If I wanted to post that publicly, I would have already done it.
Want to let the rest of us in on the PM then? I'm certainly curious.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.