Facebook

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by too_pure, Mar 3, 2012.

1. too_pure

too_pure Employed

Nov 9, 2011
    Just wondering how many 1911 Addicts are on Facebook. I am not. I've tried it. Not my cup of tea.

2. rahrah12

rahrah12 Member

Aug 18, 2011
    I am...addicted...

3. Arkie

Arkie Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    DON'T DO GAMES!! But it's a great place to stir the shizzle.

Bob

4. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    What's this place you're talking about?

5. c.helm

c.helm Active Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I do but I really hate it. I check it just to see what a few buddies have to say as well a some girlfriends and my wife.... ;-)

6. wilkerson

wilkerson Member

Dec 27, 2011
    i am on it, and i have found some people who i wish i had never lost contact with. and i have been found by a whole bunch of folks who i would not have chosen to seek out. still worth it for the ones i was able to reconnect with though.

7. GoetzTalon

GoetzTalon Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    The little misses says no way!!!

8. Twisted

Twisted Member

Feb 13, 2012
    i used to be, thought it would be cool to see what all my high school friends in nebraska were up too....then i figured out they were all into the same ole crap and drama and were trying to drag me into it and i said F this!!!! and went back into my hole!

9. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Don (Quack) is on facetime a lot.. LOL.. Cheers.. Ron

10. Chris

Chris YOU ****!!!! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    Nope. Like you, not my thing. There are some people out there that I wouldn't mind getting in touch with again, but there are others that I no longer talk to for a reason. Recent articles about issues such privacy of information are another reason to avoid it IMO.

11. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    There's no privacy on the Internet.. Most everything said is google-able.. Ron

12. joerockhead

joerockhead "BOURBON" It's not just for Breakfast anymore ! Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    Never... and it's a S.O.B... trying to keep the teenage kids off it too.....

Darn Gore for inventing the internet anyhow............

13. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    You could always shoot their laptop.. 8).. joking... Cheers.. Ron

14. dilespla

dilespla Never made it to step 12 Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    I'm on it. Easier to keep up with old friends and relatives that live too far away to see often.

15. joerockhead

joerockhead "BOURBON" It's not just for Breakfast anymore ! Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    Yeah... But that would cost " ME" money...LOL....

I was just telling the wife.... " what's this world comming to when we punish our kids by taking away their cell phones"""
    Duh....

16. Wheezy

Wheezy Bullet Banger Supporting Addict

Aug 31, 2011
    Where in Nebraska you from?

17. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    Technically, I am on there, but I never get on it, as I find it completely ridiculous.

18. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    I agree. If Gore wouldn't have "invented the internet" and created "global warming/climate change", :der:, we'd all be better off. :nod:

19. Siggyboy

Siggyboy Member

Sep 17, 2011
    If Gore hadn't invented the internets, there would be no gun forums... FB is a way to keep in touch with various family members when I'm abroad and stay in touch with people I rarely see but would like to see again. A lot of people from the past pop up out of the woodwork, which can be unwanted, but you can ignore or structure your privacy settings (for now).

20. Retired

Retired New Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I started using Facebook when I realized several custom shops use it to communicate with their customers. For example, Milt Sparks and 5 Shot Leather now use Facebook to answer questions and to list their in-stock items. Heirloom Precision also is on Facebook.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted