1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I do not consent.
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pistol Annie still goes almost every Sunday afternoon to a 4-5-hour training class in the tactical room at a large indoor gun club. Usually 8-12 shooters, most of them very good.

Today the instructor did this:
Yellow Paper product Paper

Put the students at 5 yds, put his cell phone just below the 1” square and said, “Don’t hit it.” Then he moved the cell phone up above the 1” square and said, “Hit the square, not the phone.”

The phone survived.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
What brand of screen protector is he running on that bad boy?

·
just one more
656 Posts
Damn... wonder if it was a spare. Great example of hot to make things matter, though I suppose if it had been the shooters phone they're might have been even more motivation, LOL.

When I taught skiing with certain clients you could tuck a fake $10-100 bill (depending on the client) and tell them if they could trap it in the front of the boot to the bottom of the hill they got the real thing. I thought that was committed.

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
Nice shootin!

I tried to buy a rust bucket '65 chevy pickup when I blew up my 93 jimmy. I was 17 and my folks vetoed the deal. The guy selling it was in his late 20's, had been gifted the truck by his best friend's family after the latter had killed himself in high school. Sad story. The truck was a rattle trap but had a pumped up 454 and a turbo 400 with a stall converter, don't remember the speed, his selling point was that he wanted me to have it as I was a gearhead kid that worked at a shop. Also he said that both his friend and him had always tucked a hunski into the passenger visor and told new dates that if they could grab it before they hit 100, they could keep it. I was sold, until my dad answered when the guy called and asked about gas mileage. This was around 04-05. I was bummed.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I think she's ready for this class

Reactions: Greenrunner

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
It is one thing to see that stuff at one of those private schools run by some faux-ex-commando, but what law enforcement agency is involved in this video?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
glad to see annie is enjoying shooting again and is excelling as well. NICE shooting. I would have blown that phone up!!

·
resident crank
1,979 Posts
On the subject of faith, here’s a drill Ken Hackathorn ran with our class after 2.5 days together. See my avatar.

Every other shooter in one line advances towards the target, while engaging the target, while every shooter on either side of the shooter's next to him retreats while engaging the target.

Think, “Russian firearms training”. :D:eek:

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
It is one thing to see that stuff at one of those private schools run by some faux-ex-commando, but what law enforcement agency is involved in this video?
It's from a South American country. I think it was either Brazil or Venezuela.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
On the subject of faith, here’s a drill Ken Hackathorn ran with our class after 2.5 days together. See my avatar.

Every other shooter in one line advances towards the target, while engaging the target, while every shooter on either side of the shooter's next to him retreats while engaging the target.

Think, “Russian firearms training”. :D:eek:
There is a firearms training company in Eastern PA that was running confidence drills. However, instead of students moving forward and backward, they were moving laterally in a loop. The guys in the back row were expected to shoot past the guys in the front row, who were moving in the opposite direction. They stopped doing that after a student took a round in the neck.

Reactions: ZoidMeister

·
SHEEPLE HERDER
1,654 Posts
It's from a South American country. I think it was either Brazil or Venezuela.
Brazilian State Police

Reactions: B81

·
I do not consent.
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think she's ready for this class

That ain’t faith. That’s a death wish.

·
I do not consent.
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There is a firearms training company in Eastern PA that was running confidence drills. However, instead of students moving forward and backward, they were moving laterally in a loop. The guys in the back row were expected to shoot past the guys in the front row, who were moving in the opposite direction. They stopped doing that after a student took a round in the neck.
All I can say is “No.”

·
I do not consent.
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
glad to see annie is enjoying shooting again and is excelling as well. NICE shooting. I would have blown that phone up!!
Thanks Doc. She keeps getting better. She’s into training beginning shooters now. She and a partner are doing monthly Introduction to Pistol Shooting for Women classes at a popular local gun club. Just started, and the classes are small (I can’t remember if they max at 6 or 8) but their Jan class was full, their Feb class is full and wait-listed. We think the March class will be full, too. It’s a bite-size (3-hr) class to get ladies over their initial fear and trepidation. She’s loving it and making a good contribution to the 2A fight.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts