close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Featured Falcon with a twist

Discussion in 'Nighthawk Custom' started by rjinaz85308, Feb 12, 2016.

1. rjinaz85308

rjinaz85308 North Central AZ Grasslands Supporting Addict

Jul 27, 2012
    Many have probably seen this if you look in thee classified much (very dangerous thing to do).

I recently picked up another Nighthawk. A Falcon this time though. This is my second gun built by Joey Lehr, and like the first one, it is frickin' awesome. If you are reading this, Congrats Joey (ask for a raise).

This one has a few different twists to it. The slide is bare, save the NHC logo on the rear. It has a rail. And it also has a flanged barrel like a Predator would.

I haven't got to shoot it yet, but I expect great things from it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    Looks fantastic RJ, congrats!

Look forward to your range report!

Mike Stevens likes this.

3. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    Man, that is saweet! :thumbs:
    Congrats! :cheers:

4. B_RAD

B_RAD You serious, Clark?

Jan 15, 2012
    Jealous!

Seriously,.... I'm jealous because I wanted this one but you stold it for me!

Kidding!

Congrats!

Can't wait to hear how it shoots!

5. rjinaz85308

Jul 27, 2012
    Thx guys. And it is just as nice as the pictures look. Definitely a great build.

B_RAD likes this.
  6. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
  7. Dons1911

Dons1911 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Nov 6, 2014
    Congrats RJ...that thing looks awesome! I just got home from the range with my son...put about 150 reloads thru my Falcon. I really like the logo on the back of the slide like yours, wish mine was like that!

8. BBP

BBP Enabler Supporting Addict Sponsor

Feb 1, 2014
    Oh man that's awesome.

9. rjinaz85308

Jul 27, 2012
    Thanks guys. This one was just to awesome to pass up. I had been getting away from 45acp, but figured in a 5in with a flange I could probably handle it. Now just need to find time to get to the range.

Muleskinner likes this.
  10. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    You're gonna love it at the range. Those coned/flanged barrel 1911's shoot completely different. I LOVE the two I have.

11. Wilsonwessonbrown

Wilsonwessonbrown Moderator Moderator Supporting Addict

Apr 11, 2015
  12. rjinaz85308

Jul 27, 2012
    Thanks. I'm with you on the flange. I had a Predator before and really liked it. I also have a Wilson Pro with the flange in 9mm. It feels like I am shooting a 380

Glock2740 likes this.
  13. Jimhoag

Jimhoag In Kentucky Supporting Addict

Jun 14, 2013
    Outstanding gat

14. Ethanol Red

Ethanol Red Make it a double Supporting Addict

Jul 12, 2015
    I've always been intrigued by the flanged barrel. Does it change the recoil impulse or is the weight transfer a little different? They look awesome for sure. I assume the lockup is tighter due to it. How would you describe the difference in feel? I'm basically ignorant on the subject and genuinely curious.

15. Denver1911

Denver1911 Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2014
    In general, I don't like rails unless it's on a gun used as a tool. This gun would not be a tool for me. However, this gun just rocks. No two ways about it!

Now I gotta go load some mags for a range day. My lame, stock Falcon will be in the bag :)

16. Ethanol Red

Ethanol Red Make it a double Supporting Addict

Jul 12, 2015
    There's nothing lame about a "normal" Falcon. I ain't ashamed to say that I envy a lot of you guys and your guns. Have a great range trip!

17. ellvisb21

ellvisb21 Active Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Very nice set up for sure! Never shot one with a barrel such as yours but it does look sick! I have a Falcon built by the great Brian Chaney (He should ask for a raise also!) and it is by far my favorite 1911 in my arsenal. MY opinion , and my opinion only, the Falcon just as it comes reflects the best that Nighthawk has to offer. Very nice Falcon!

Stogies likes this.
  18. GoetzTalon

GoetzTalon Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 21, 2011
    Thats a slick looking pistol you got there!!!!

19. Badabing11

Badabing11 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Whoever thinks NHC doesn't build full on customs needs to look at this. I have the hots for your gun! I have never seen a better integration of a rail on a pistol. I usually don't like them, but it looks like it belongs on your pistol.

The Falcon is also my favorite NHC. I had no idea they would go this far on customization. You did an outstanding job specifying on this build.

What sights did you get?

20. Greg6640

Greg6640 John 14:6 Supporting Addict

Apr 20, 2015
    I mean this in the nicest possible way, "you suck..... so hard"!! :D All kidding aside RJ that is one sweet pistol brother!! If you're arthritis can't handle it let me know, I'll force mine to! Masterful specs!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    Jimhoag likes this.